Flower pot awning bases for popup

breick

DIS Veteran
I know I saw these somewhere and now I can't find them. They were flower pots with a piece of PVC and cement in them. They are designed so one person can set up the awning and give it more stability. Can anyone find a link for these? Thanks.

Barb-

I've seen these, but they were home-made. They'd be easy to make though. Just go to Home Depot, get some buckets or flower pots, a bag of 60lb sakrete, some PVC pipe the diameter you need & put it all together.:thumbsup2

I made mine out of the single hole concrete blocks with a piece of pvc stuck in the middle as the concrete starts to harden. The blocks are heavy enough to keep the awning pole up without a guide rope, yet light enough for one person to store in the tow vehicle or in the popup. Very inexpensive to make with old pvc.

Jim

Does anyone know what size PVC? (The camper is in Florida and I'm in Illinois. I'd like to make them and take them with me.) My popup is a '97 Coleman Sun Ridge with the awning in the bag. It's the green and white stripe and measures about 8' x 12'. Two free-standing poles on the corners.

Does anyone know what size PVC? (The camper is in Florida and I'm in Illinois. I'd like to make them and take them with me.) My popup is a '97 Coleman Sun Ridge with the awning in the bag. It's the green and white stripe and measures about 8' x 12'. Two free-standing poles on the corners.

Why not just use guy wires/ropes and good stakes.

Larry

Because I can put it up by myself using these. I'll still use the ropes, stakes, and wind strap to secure the awning.

Because I can put it up by myself using these. I'll still use the ropes, stakes, and wind strap to secure the awning. (What's with these posts. Mine double posted and posted the answer before the question I was answering...wierd...)

I used 1" pvc. I used plastic flower pots and Duck tape to cover the drain holes in the bottom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter