Flower Girl and Ring Bearer Idea...need opinions

Carye

Mouseketeer
My ring bearer will be 20mos old when we get married and my flower girl 6, so I thought it might be a cute idea to dress them up instead of the traditional tux and dress. My immediate thought for the ring bearer was to do a jiminy cricket outfit, looked for costumes, but they are all cheesy and expensive, but I can sew pretty well so it would be attainable. Here is a pic just to give you a visual, but it would be much smaller...lol. :rotfl:
December2006043.jpg

I was thinking we would get him a little top hat and tux tails jacket with the white shirt to go underneath, then I could make a little orange vest with the big gold button and the yellow aster, and of course buy a pair of light green pants. Somehow I need to figure out the things for the top of the shoes.

Then I thought Tinkerbell would be cute for the flower girl, a costume should be easy to find for this, I just want to make sure it isn't too cheesy, I want her to look cute, not like she insisted on wearing her Halloween costume.

What do you girls think? I want honest opinions please

Would people get that the ring bearer is supposed to be Jiminy Cricket? Tinkerbell would be pretty obviously - and I think look really cute, but I don't know if I personally would be able to work out that the ring bearer is dressed like Jiminy Cricket... I spose you could put it on the programs and it would be pretty obvious...

BTW - I love the idea of flower girls with wings, if I end up having a flower girl - which I don't really want - I'm going to give her wings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter