Florida Resident questions?

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
We are Fl. residents and are annual pass holders, with no blackouts, water parks, and park hoppers.

My DD and DSIL are Florida residents but not passes holders
We are planning a trip for my DGS second birthday, which will be his 1st trip.

Going January 2017 he was born at the end of January so we would like to visit on his birthday for 3 or 4 nights depending on cost. We will be in 2 rooms moderate resort.

So here are my questions:

Normally.. are Florida Resident 3 or 4 day tickets available in January?

What about Florida Residents room rates or packages?

Free dinning is this an option in January?

We have 2 big trips coming up. Heading for the mountain in June 2016 for a week, family get together, then his birthday at WDW January 2017. DD and DSIL have 18 months to save for both trips. I know that there will be a rate increase and you really never know what will be offered. I am just trying to get a ball park idea for what they need to save.

Suggestions on were to look for past promotions for Florida Residents?

Last edited:
Yes there are usually FL Resident discounts for January, at least for Room Only. We are Florida Residents and AP holders and we usually go in January, but don't go without a discount. Be ware that there is a Marathon weekend and Martin Luther King weekend in January that could effect your room prices. We only go during the week, so it doesn't effect us.

Historical Rate Information:
http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/#codetrends

Thanks so much. pixiedust:

Lifetime Florida resident here.

Your best option would be to get a Florida Resident room-only rate. Always offered in January.

Also always offered in January are the 3 and 4 day Discover Disney tickets for Florida residents. I can't remember the prices exactly, but it was around $160 for four days.

January is one of the best times of year to go due to fairly low crowd levels and great weather. Also great discounts.

:)

Lifetime Florida resident here.

Your best option would be to get a Florida Resident room-only rate. Always offered in January.

Also always offered in January are the 3 and 4 day Discover Disney tickets for Florida residents. I can't remember the prices exactly, but it was around $160 for four days.

January is one of the best times of year to go due to fairly low crowd levels and great weather. Also great discounts.

:)

Thanks for the info, I really think that it will come down to the numbers, they were hoping to get free dinning.

Thanks for the info, I really think that it will come down to the numbers, they were hoping to get free dinning.

No problem. The problem with free dining is that you end up paying full rack rate for room plus tickets. It doesn't make too much sense for Florida residents when you crunch the numbers. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter