Florida resident discount ?

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings and Honeymoons' started by MiaSRN62, Mar 11, 2013.

1. MiaSRN62

MiaSRN62 DIS Veteran

Hi,
    We did a tour on March 5 and got an email estimate of our budget. We are pencil'd in for April 2014. Our wedding consultant mentioned we'd have to pay tax on photography because dd and future sil (I'm the mother of bride), are FL residents. But in the Passporter book I see mention of a 10% discount on food for FL residents ? He never mentioned this to us ?
    Any insights ? This would be like a $500-$600 savings for us.
    Thank you for any info :thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. One_Song

One_Song DIS Veteran

Is DD having a Saturday wedding? We weren't eligible for the FL resident discounts because we had a Sat wedding. I have also heard that some months are excluded as well. Certainly doesn't hurt to ask though.

4. MiaSRN62

MiaSRN62 DIS Veteran

Hi,
    No, she's doing a Thurs 12 noon ceremony and lunch to follow in April 2014.
    I think she ended up emailing her wedding consultant this morning before leaving for work so hopefully we will have the answer soon. Thank you :goodvibes

5. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

I don't have an answer to your question here but I wanted to let you know that I may have found the pictures you requested. I posted them to the FAQ board if you want to check them out.

Dee

6. MiaSRN62

MiaSRN62 DIS Veteran

THANKS !!!! Found the pics ! :goodvibes:thumbsup2
    Still waiting on a reply about the FL Res discount !

7. princessmegank

princessmegank Earning My Ears

I am also very interested to know if there is anything truth to this, as my boyfriend and I are both Florida residents.

Any little bit helps and this would be wonderful if they did offer any type of discount for Florida residents. :)

8. lurkyloo

lurkyloo The Attic was just perfect!

Disney has offered Florida resident discounts in the past, but only during certain months and on certain items. You would need to ask your sales consultant to see what the current offers are when you're interested in having your event. :thumbsup2