Florida Project Map Early EPCOT Concept

Discussion in 'Disney Collectors Board' started by WDWarchitectureguy, Jul 5, 2012.

1. WDWarchitectureguy

WDWarchitectureguy Imagineer in Training

Long time Disney fan, but first post here on DIS Boards. My wife and I have been collectors for a long time. Being an architect, my preferences and style for memorabilia are quite selective. I spent just over a year acquiring an actual original blue print of Cinderella's Castle which is now framed and hangs in our bedroom so I'm patient.

We have recently remodeled our kitchen, and we have an idea for a large custom print to go in our breakfast sitting area. I'm specifically looking for high resolution digital scans or pictures of the HUGE map of the Florida Project as seen in the 1967 film with Walt himself. Particularly pictures without Walt standing in front of it. There are a variety of shots from the film and having a higher resolution recording of the film would help. Or maybe a blown up view of a part of the map, or concept art / master planning art/photos for E.P.C.O.T. I'm not entirely sure what it is I'm looking for, but I'll know it when I see it.

I'll be creating/composing the print using the images I find/receive, and will be glad to share with anyone that contributes and post it back here on the boards. So please share what you can or if you have a source where I might look. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MaterializedHaunt

MaterializedHaunt Mouseketeer

This may be something that may catch you eye. They sell for a hefty price tag for sure. Wish I was loaded cause I would definatly have one by now.:upsidedow

Anywhere here is a Wall Map of Disney Property. I hope you like and hope you find what your looking for if you dont!

- MaterializedHaunt :hmghost:

4. WDWarchitectureguy

WDWarchitectureguy Imagineer in Training

Yeah that's WAY over the price tag I'm looking for. I'm also wanting to be subtle. We have some items that unless we told they were specifically Disney props you might not know. That's why I'm leaning towards the large map Walt stood in front of. When cropped and used as a large graphic print unless you were a Disney nut you might not know it was a map of Disney. I've also looked at large pictures of the original EPCOT model. The entire one not just the piece along the people mover.

5. MrsMcKenzie

MrsMcKenzie I am not fast.

...and i totally want that map. It's just $46 grand...maybe we could take out a mortgage for it. :)

6. NedsTJ

NedsTJ Only 5.67E+06 feet from MK!

Maybe you could contact the seller, and see if he(or she) could take some hi-res photo's of the map for a few $$? Then you could at least have that to work with and create your own artwork?

7. MaterializedHaunt

MaterializedHaunt Mouseketeer

Ya lets all do it together and have a DisBoard Map together. We will keep it on my wall and Ill send you all pictures :blush:

8. flyinglizard

flyinglizard DIS Veteran

You are not talking about the big color map as shown in the posts and link above right? I'll keep an eye out, I know what you're looking for...

9. bs0908

bs0908 Earning My Ears

Have you had any luck finding your image? I had the same idea for a large print, but the largest I've been able to find is a measly 1,200 pixel wide jpg.

10. jason0389

jason0389 Earning My Ears

I know this is an older thread and I'm not much help either, but I hope you found what you were looking for. That sounds like a great wall decoration to have.