Florence, SC????

zurgswife

WDW is my Shangrala...and I'm going...life is bett
Has anybody stayed at the Wingate Inn in Florence, SC???or any other hotel for that matter that they can recommend or NOT!!!

Thanks for any help you can give..

Nope, but isn't that near South of the Border... I remember seeing that sign on the way home.

Its off I 95 isn't it?

We've stayed twice at the Fairfield Inn in Florence. I think its a different exit than the Wingate. Its on an access road parallel to Rt 20. right off of I95.

The Fairfield is a basic, clean motel. Plus the rate includes breakfast (cereal, bagels, danish, fruit, coffee, juice, etc....) We usually pay about $65 for a room, without any kind of discount....we generally pull in sometime late at night on our way home.

We just stayed at the Wingate on our way to Florida two weeks ago. VERY NICE! The rooms were huge and very clean and the free breakfast was better than average...you could make homemade waffles, sausage & egg sandwiches, crereals, bagels, fruits and soo much more...very good.

Only one hitch, a train rolled through about 1:00 am scared us to pieces but no biggie..we all laughed and thought of the My Cousin Vinny movie (if you ever saw it). Alltogether I would give it an A, we paid about $55 with my husbands government discount.

Any questions I'd be happy to answer!

Emmy

DO NOT stay at the Swamp Fox Inn. It is
amazingly horrible. The rooms look
like something out of 1962. Days Inn
telephones, dark panalled walls, shag
carpet, and no dead bolt locks.

The Super 8 was terrific. Beautiful
clean room, micro wave, fridge and
a friendly staff even at midnight.

Good luck.

nepean,
Why do you think the Swamp Fox is only $25.oo a night? If they up-dated it, it would cost you twice that price. Still this place books up when they have the races in Darlington. My parent's and their families are from Florence so I pass this Hotel several times a year. It is a basic no-frills hotel.The Wingate and Fairfield are much newer and nicer places to stay.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter