Floral Experience Tour/Class: Anyone ever do this? UPDATE 8/9: Tour No Longer Available

twocat

80 miles door-to-door to Disney.
Has anyone done this tour? It sounds really different and you get to make and take home a floral arrangement.

Will I be able to send the arrangement back to my resort or will I need to carry it around for the rest of the day?

Description: The Floral Experience is an interactive activity where experts from Walt Disney World Florist and Gift Baskets reveal the tricks of their trade and teach you the beauty of floral arrangements. Aside from learning these new tricks, you will also be designing a Disney-themed floral arrangement to take home. The class is held at Community Hall at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, Beach Club Resort or Boardwalk Resort

Days & Times: Wed at 2:30 pm

Duration: 1 hour

Price Range: $50 per person, plus tax

Park Admission: Not applicable

Restrictions: All ages are welcome but a supervising adult must accompany children.

Starting Location: Community Hall at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, Beach Club Resort or Boardwalk Resort

Discounts: DVC (10%)

To Reserve: To register and confirm location, call 407-WDW-PLAY or 407-827-3505. You must register at least 24 hours in advance to confirm your supplies for this fun experience.

Sorry I can't answer your question because I have not done this, but it sounds like something I would like to do. Where did you find the info? We will be staying at BWI in November.

Last edited:
I did this a few years back during the Christmas season. I was the only one who signed up for it on this particular day so I got lots of one on one attention.
They helped me put together a beautiful Christmas arrangement that included the base (ceramic sleigh), flowers, greenery and accents (Christmas bulbs.) I was thinking about signing up for it again for our trip next month but haven't decided. Thought a Halloween theme would be cute. At any rate, I recommend it if you want to learn some basic floral design and you do get to bring back a nice floral arrangement.

That does sound really neat! I've never heard of it. Wish they would do it at GF or Poly, too, so those of us staying at other resorts and using Disney transportation could get there conveniently.

Sorry I can't answer your question because I have not done this, but it sounds like something I would like to do. Where did you find the info? We will be staying at BWI in November.

OP here-

I found the info right here!
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/tours.htm

There's also more info here:
http://www.themouseforless.com/walt-disney-world/parks/tours/

If they won't let me send the arrangement back to the resort, I'm hoping I can check it in at Bell Service, go back to Epcot and retrieve the arrangement after my dinner at Flying Fish that night.

I was looking for something different to do this trip and stumbled upon this tour. I'm excited!

I did this a few years back during the Christmas season. I was the only one who signed up for it on this particular day so I got lots of one on one attention.
They helped me put together a beautiful Christmas arrangement that included the base (ceramic sleigh), flowers, greenery and accents (Christmas bulbs.) I was thinking about signing up for it again for our trip next month but haven't decided. Thought a Halloween theme would be cute. At any rate, I recommend it if you want to learn some basic floral design and you do get to bring back a nice floral arrangement.
Silks or fresh?

I think if they were silk, the description would have said that so I'm thinking fresh flowers.
I'd hope so, but hoping the person who'd actually done it would chime in. It would be fun to do early in the trip and have it in your room to enjoy :)

I'd hope so, but hoping the person who'd actually done it would chime in. It would be fun to do early in the trip and have it in your room to enjoy :)

And if you've priced out arrangements from the official Disney Florist website, 50 bucks is not a bad price at all.

I'm going to do it the first day of my 4 night trip so I can enjoy it the whole time.

And if you've priced out arrangements from the official Disney Florist website, 50 bucks is not a bad price at all.

I'm going to do it the first day of my 4 night trip so I can enjoy it the whole time.
Exactly what I was thinking!!! Especially if you're there around a holiday and want something seasonal. Come back and post a pic!

I would love to so this on day 1 of our vacation
We are actually thinking of renting a BW villa studio - so I guess we would be close to the BW community hall.
We could enjoy the flower creation during our stay at WDW.

So nice to create on own flowers for our room

If we go in mid October, my guess it will be Fall or Halloween themed.
If we go in mid-May, maybe Mothers Day or Spring ?

So cool :flower1::daisy::rose:

Hi guys-
I'm the one who did this a few years back. Everything was fresh. Because the one i did was for Christmas, there were flowers and evergreens (think balsams like for a Christmas wreath etc.) Let me see if I can find a picture to post.

Ok I found one! Here it is. They even gave me a little hidden Mickey pearl to put in the arrangement.

Attachments

• disney 082.JPG
    disney 082.JPG
    144.5 KB · Views: 20
Hi guys-
I'm the one who did this a few years back. Everything was fresh. Because the one i did was for Christmas, there were flowers and evergreens (think balsams like for a Christmas wreath etc.) Let me see if I can find a picture to post.

That would be great @NHPixiedust, if you could post a photo of your arrangement.

I just went and looked at prices at the Disney World Florist and $50 for an arrangement is a real bargain!

http://disneyworld.disneyfloralandgifts.com/category/floral.do

Throw in the teaching by an expert florist and I just can't pass this by. Luckily, the first day of my trip is on a Wednesday, the only day of the week they offer the class.

Ok I found one! Here it is. They even gave me a little hidden Mickey pearl to put in the arrangement.

That's absolutely beautiful, @NHPixiedust! This may just be the highlight of my trip!
Thank you so much for posting your pic and giving us your first-hand experience with the tour/class.

This thread just reminded me how much fun this really was and I'm thinking I really need to do it again LOL
Just wish I was travelling with someone who would join me. My hubby just isn't into floral arranging. LOL

OP here.

I just called to try and reserve this tour. After speaking with several people who had no clue what I was talking about (Tour CM, BW Community Center CM) I finally spoke with a CM at Saratoga Springs Recreation who said the tour hasn't been available for awhile.

I am SO disappointed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter