FLL to POM and timing

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by readytogotodisney, Jan 25, 2013.

1. readytogotodisney

readytogotodisney DIS Veteran

I know that DCL doesn't provide transportation from FLL to POM, but that's where we have to fly into due to free tickets via airline miles on SW.

My question is what is the latest you would fly into FLL and still be able to make the cruise at POM using arranged travel using an outside company? Or would it be better to fly in late the night before and then arrange travel using an outside company?

And if we fly in the night before, any suggestions on a nice hotel?

For a return flight, what would be the earliest you'd schedule a flight out of FLL?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. CruznLexi

CruznLexi DIS Veteran

I would land no later than 1230. It takes about 35 give or take in traffic. We carried our bags off and made a 1030 flight. I don't recommend this. There are hotels plenty near FLL or you can take a taxi to one of the hotels near Miami.

4. Max02215

Max02215 Earning My Ears

I agree with cruzenlexi, you never know about delays arriving the day of the ship leaving. Arrive the night before. It will be a more relaxed way to start your trip.
    We just got off the Wonder yesterday, They have 2 options for flights leaving earlier than 12 noon. You can carry your bags off the ship, or get Express check out and your bags are cleared first thru customs. we were worried at first, but the debarkation went very smoothly. left ship about 7 :45AM, We were at FLL by 9:15am. We used SAS transport from port to FLL. They were great.

5. readytogotodisney

readytogotodisney DIS Veteran

Great! Thank you both so much!
    I think we'll plan on flying in the night before then and then an early afternoon flight.

6. just2girls1

just2girls1 Mouseketeer

We will be flying in to FLL the day before our cruise and staying at Hard Rock. First time cruiser here so was not sure about times for boarding. Just figured I did not want to miss the ship! I was trying to decide where to stay and just was not sure since I don't know the area very well. We will be having private transportation to POM so a car was not an option to get around the day we get there. We have stayed at other Hard Rock Hotels before and have been happy so I figured we would just do that and have everything right there.