Flirting our Way through WDW 1 person at a time(New -2)Final Chapter

for everyone intersted in the trading cards.

no problem, 2 trips ago, when i was on the monorail on our last night, it was us and a dad and her girl waiting for the front car...well the CM working asked us if we wanted a trading card, and we got to pick one out of a group of them...well this got me thinking we boarded the nose went to the TTC and transfered to the Mk monorail, while waiting for the nose again, with the same dad and girl again, i asked the CM working there if he had any trading cards for us and our new friends he said hold on a sec...and gave each of us 3 sets of the monorail ones...the boat ones you can get from boat captains that travel around the MK resorts, and the bus ones you just have to ask the drivers, i was not able to get any boat ones they never had any, but my mom got those for me, but it was hit or miss with the bus drivers if they had any or not, the best was to ask when you could tell they were ocming on shift.

oohh and for the extra 2 sets of monorail cards that i had, i thought that i would pass on the disney magic that night, well back at our resort i thought that some younger boys like age 7ish would think they would be really cool, so we found some eating with there parents in the food court, so we went up to them and were all excited and were like hey, look at these really cool disney trading cards of the monorails they have, i have some extra ones do you want em...

there reaction oh thanks, like mom this is so 6 year old stuff, and took them, i wanted to smack those kids and take em back but just left, not the reacation i was expecting at all, now i wish i would have kept them and not been nice to others that night.:sad2:
stupid ungrateful kids in disney, prop complained the whole time to there parents too.

Thanks for explaining that! I'll have to see if I can get my hands on some in December :thumbsup2

wow sounds like a very busy but very fun summer! and woohoo on 2 weeks in Disney!! The longest I've gone is 10 days ('07) and that was long enough for me. You will for sure be able to take it easy there with a full two weeks. How fun! :thumbsup2 Hope you can convince Candi to stop in DL after Hawaii. Like Sharky said, gotta compare the two. Plus they have some rides that WDW doesn't have that look super cool!

Wow
sounds like a very busy summer and rest of year coming up

But at least it all looks like fun

So planning on having another child in 2011....cool......princess:

2 weeks in Disney sounds like a blast

That is so nice you have your own camper now, so you can do so much traveling

How awesome your inlaws are taking your to Hawaii:cool1:

You have to stop at DL, at least to do a comparison of the two:thumbsup2
we are hopping for a girl next time, but would not be dissapointed with a boy either.

we are pretty excited about hawaii, nice thing is all we have to pay for is airfare, which is still kinda pricey, but better than paying for hotel too.

wow...you have a lot of trips to look forward too! DO you have like 5 weeks of vacation or something...thats a lot of time off! Are you sure your not English?? :lmao: When we took our honeymoon to St Lucia...there were a ton of ENglish people there and they couldn;t believe we were only there for one week?? THey take at least 2 week trips!
nope not that much vacation, just plan the trips really well, around other times that we get off work and such, also helps to get comp time off when you work overtime other times of the year. those english take like 3 week holidays they never work during the summer.

Dan we are going to FW from Nov 25th until Dec 5th, well it might be cut down a little because of $$$$ but anyway I would love to stay there in our own camper. We're renting a 5th wheel from someone from the DIS boards. I'm so excited. Next year planning another trip as well from Dec 3rd to Dec 7th. Can't wait to see all your goodies you guys bought. Happy Memorial Day
if you have neber been there, you will love it, it is alot of fun to stay there, make sure you take your kids to the campfire sing along.

Sounds like you have alot of great plans, Dan! You're like me - I usually have the next couple of years all planned out for vacations. Then when something else comes up, I say no, cuz we are alreaday maxed out!:thumbsup2

The best one will be a sibling for Parker!:lovestruc
yep the in laws hate it cause they are like hey wanna come over next weekend we are like nope we already have plans, and they say that is to far to make plans, then i show them our summer schedule and they say how can you know what you are going to be doing that far in advance to make plans, we tell them that is why we make them so we know what we are doing then.:headache:
they get frustrated when i say we are open this week in 3 months want to come and visit.:laughing:

So, you're camping folk huh??? My DH wishes I enjoyed camping more. We camped as kids all the time, but as I've gotten older I've realized that I don't like bugs or dirt. You're future plans look like a lot of fun! We're planning on June of next year too!! Maybe we'll be there at the same time?? :confused3
Can't wait to see your souvies pics!popcorn::

they might over lap, when are you thinking of going, and where are you guys planning on staying?

:rotfl:
Don't plan much, do ya Dan!?

I'm sad this one is over.
nope not much of aplanner.:thumbsup2
well you can still follow us around, i will be sharing some summer trips on my other thread, it will be on the baby fauntleroy thread below.

Candi: My one word of advice to disneyland - GO!

Its not cheating. I live in WDW but it was really special to walk around Walt's original park. Also there are upgrades coming to California Adventure (Carsland) that you might be able to go see as well.
answer below

cars land sounds really cool

I second that! DL is different, and yet the same in many ways! It is only 2 parks, but most of the rides are there, some with different names. It has it's own feel, and some things are better. There aren't as many places to eat in the park, but there are tons of restaurants and hotels withing walking distance. You can do both parks in 3 days. You don't need transportation, because you can walk between the two, and DTD in just a short walk.

There are lots of things to do there - Huntington Beach is 20 min. away - a true Calif. beach - not the same as the East coast.

Who knows? You may even meet one of us there!:thumbsup2
to answer the disneyland responses,
what i think that i might do is since the flight for us would be like 8 hours, thinking of going somewhere halfway, like either Lasvegas for a day or two or san diego

then on the way home stop in disneyland for a few days, reason being is parker will be 3 so he will be pretty good, DVD player and games, but aht long of a flight will get him restless, and candi is planning on being like 4 or so months pregnant then so she might not want to fly that long straight through,

or i might switch it up and do disney first then somewhere else on the way through, the inlaws want us on the same flight over to hawaii, so it might depend on what we can get as the cheapest flights over to hawaii and what connecting city to go with. and LA has alot of flights over to hawaii.

so it will all depend, i will be very busy on the flight websites next winter finding the best deals.

also might be easy to talk them into going to disneyland with us for a few days before hand as well...i will use my bargaining powers.

Thanks for explaining that! I'll have to see if I can get my hands on some in December :thumbsup2
good luck not all of them had them, so you just have to ask everyone of them you come across, and get lucky.

wow sounds like a very busy but very fun summer! and woohoo on 2 weeks in Disney!! The longest I've gone is 10 days ('07) and that was long enough for me. You will for sure be able to take it easy there with a full two weeks. How fun! :thumbsup2 Hope you can convince Candi to stop in DL after Hawaii. Like Sharky said, gotta compare the two. Plus they have some rides that WDW doesn't have that look super cool!
it was always so much fun to do that, cause we would do parks one day hten next day no parks, see the other stuff disneyhas to offer, like Wide world of sports, we see almost every hotel.

driver over to celebration...and so on and so forth.

Dan..what kind of camper did you get?? DH and I are starting to look again and its mind boggeling how many choices there are...though I think the prices for a new trailer are pretty good. We love the ones with a big kitchen and rear living area (recliners) but we need those bunk beds for when Caleb and any future siblings are older to sleep in there...so that has gone by the wasteland. We are soo spoiled by my inlaws huge 5th wheel that its hard to pick out a camper thats too small. Dh definitely wants a travel trailer...he thinks the 5th wheels are too hard weight wise on a truck to pull. I don;t care either way...it just means that I may get to convince him to go to Disney more often and stay at Fort Wilderness! :yay:

Dan..what kind of camper did you get?? DH and I are starting to look again and its mind boggeling how many choices there are...though I think the prices for a new trailer are pretty good. We love the ones with a big kitchen and rear living area (recliners) but we need those bunk beds for when Caleb and any future siblings are older to sleep in there...so that has gone by the wasteland. We are soo spoiled by my inlaws huge 5th wheel that its hard to pick out a camper thats too small. Dh definitely wants a travel trailer...he thinks the 5th wheels are too hard weight wise on a truck to pull. I don;t care either way...it just means that I may get to convince him to go to Disney more often and stay at Fort Wilderness! :yay:

i have always grown up with my parents and there giant fifth wheels they have a 40 footer now that is just huge...2 bathrooms the works...us we went smaller for a starter, we have a 09 pop up we bought last year, got a great deal on it, i work the salesman.

what kind of vehicle would you be using to poll it? first thing i would suggest would be to see what it can tow, and then look at trailers with the loaded weight to see if you fall under your towing rate.

if you have a smaller truck a 5th wheel will be a little harder to pull, but they pull very nice with minimal sway not like travel trailer when it is windy
I would suggest to look for some camper shows this summer and go and see a bunch of different kinds in one stop, Notre Dame has a big one each summer that would be good for you.

iwill PM you some info

Your plans look great! We finalized our dates for 2010, we will be there June 13-20. Maybe we can meet up at some point. It sounds like you have a fun summer planned. If you are planning to be around Indy on Labor Day weekend there will be a DIS meet. We went last year and it was a lot of fun.

Your plans look great! We finalized our dates for 2010, we will be there June 13-20. Maybe we can meet up at some point. It sounds like you have a fun summer planned. If you are planning to be around Indy on Labor Day weekend there will be a DIS meet. We went last year and it was a lot of fun.
we still have to wait till we get my moms school schedule for next year, but with your dates, we will be there during pretty much that entire time you are going to be there either it will be our last week, or our first week. I am thinking it will be our second week there, and it would be fun to meet a diser, have not meet one yet, i think i might start a contest for our next trip, on a who can find fauntleroy first dis meet, i have been very close to meeting disers, in the past but have never worked out meeting anyone yet.
will have to check on the labor day dis meet.

My vote is in for you to come to Vegas for a day or two :thumbsup2
know of any good deals we can get in vegas?:confused3;)

we have talked about coming out there for a long time now.

I BELIEVE I'm HOPING to go the last week in June, first week of July. DS sports schedule is CRAZY!
will more than likely be gone by then, tell him to skip sports you have a fauntleroy to meet.
:goodvibes

Take a peek online. So many great deals right not here is Vegas. Our tourism is way down.

I was sorry to see your trip end...much like you were! LOL :goodvibes Great report - Parker is such a cutie! Loved the story of him laughing at the woman at the airport - too cute. Reading your report makes me so much more excited to take our baby girl on her first trip in September - she'll turn 1 two days before our trip. :yay:

It looks like you guys have a lot of great trips planned over the next couple years - we love to plan things out in advance, too. :thumbsup2 We also have family that doesn't understand that.

Can't wait for the next report! :)

Take a peek online. So many great deals right not here is Vegas. Our tourism is way down.
we will check it out for sure, thanks for the tips.

I was sorry to see your trip end...much like you were! LOL :goodvibes Great report - Parker is such a cutie! Loved the story of him laughing at the woman at the airport - too cute. Reading your report makes me so much more excited to take our baby girl on her first trip in September - she'll turn 1 two days before our trip. :yay:

It looks like you guys have a lot of great trips planned over the next couple years - we love to plan things out in advance, too. :thumbsup2 We also have family that doesn't understand that.

Can't wait for the next report! :)
you will love her first visit, dont forget to take lots of pictures, there are never enough

you have to plan trips that far out, then you know what you are doing and can arrange schedules around them works out much easier that way to plan ahead.

This can't be over...I just got back!
welcome back jordan

Dan,

Think about going to WDW June 2012! It's my 50th birthday bash at WDW. 1 week at WDW; 1 week on a Disney Cruise; 4 more days at WDW. Join for any part of it!

sounds like fun, but after our june trip in 2010 we will prop go in october from then on out.

are you still thinking about maybe going in june next year.

Just think, you get to read it all the way thru without waiting for updates.

lol. true.
hey now, are you saying my updates were far between.
:rolleyes1

your right they were, sorry was very busy with stuff.
:sad1:

Well this is a special update, if you guys were with me on the TR from last year, you may remember me talking about Universal filming part of the new Johnny Depp Film public enemies in our city. Well working where i do, i was able to get on the set for a one of the days last year, while they were filming it. It was alot of fun, we talked with some of the actors took some pictures,

before they filmed i was even allowed on a tour of the jail that they were using for the filming.

To make a long story short, candi came down to the set with me and loved being there, it made her feel all hollywood.

So one of the pre openings is scheduled for our city, and i got VIP tickets for the event.

We get to walk the red carpet, and some of the actors will be there, they did not release a list yet, we also get to go to the pre party with drinks and appetizers, then the actors will give a tour of the jail and the sheriffs house where they did the filming.

We get a chance at some door prizes of things that were in the movie and signed stuff, and some commemerative tickets and cups from the movie.

Then at the theater we get movie goodie bags, and snacks and drinks and then get to watch the movie before it opens the next day.

I had her go on a little scavanger hunt around the house with clues and the last one had her invite that she read.

She was so excited and started to cry some, she can not wait to go.

I am sure i will have pictures to share and they will prob. be posted on the baby thread since that is where i will post things that are happening betwen now and the next TR.

That is all for now, i still have hte pictures of things we bought that i have to post so wait for those next week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter