Flip flops on rides?

honeysuckle_rose

Earning My Ears
Are there any rides where wearing flip flops is a major inconvenience - like they have to be stored in a locker? At Soarin' in Epcot you have to leave flip flops on the floor, but they are there waiting for you when the ride is over. I'd consider this no inconvenience at all.

Thanks!

Dragon Challenge?? I don't wear flip flops around the park but I wouldn't chance it on this ride. I have no idea what you'd do with them as there are multiple trains running on the same track.

HP and The Forbidden Journey, Dueling Dragons there's another one I can't think of.

Both of these are rides where your feet dangle. I can't remember what they did on FJ with the Flip flops. If they told you to remove them or what

The only ride I remember wearing Flip Flops on and slightly worrying about them was Forbidden Journey. I was sure to keep my toes tight while riding. (A couple of the roller coasters might give you the same feeling).

I saw some people take them off and sit on them.

Dr Doom I leave them on the floor and get straight back in them when we get off.

Duelling Dragons I sit on them, always have done. Not every day I wear croc flip flops in the park, but when I do there`s no issues with them. And ideal for water rides too!!

Fj, we sat on ours, for dueling dragons, my family that rode, placed them on their hands(gross, I know, but, it was what the attendants suggested). After that experience our first year at Universal, I do not wear flip flops in the park any longer.

Dr doom I just leave them on the floor like schumi said. I sit on them when riding dueling dragons. Everything else is no problem. I only where flip flops in the parks and never had an issue.

If you have flip flops that aren't secure they make you take then off and sit on them. You cannot though enter any line in bare feet either. So be prepared to sit on your flip flops.

This is why I love my sport teva sandals.

I usually wear Birkenstocks in the parks... and I always sit on them on both Dragon Challenge & Forbidden Journey. Easy peasy. :-)

Wear real shoes in the parks NOT flip flops. They are made for short distance walking NOT 20,000 steps per day. Seriously, I have seen so many people injure themselves by slipping and falling while wearing those shoes, its unreal. They give you NO support and your feet will be killing you by the end of the day.

I don't know how anyone can wear these all day in the parks. My wife has and has fallen once or twice after a quick rain on the bricks. No support. I usually do crocs (no judging!!) around the hotel and then sneakers at the parks. Only downfall to sneakers are those water rides.

I don't know how anyone can wear these all day in the parks. My wife has and has fallen once or twice after a quick rain on the bricks. No support. I usually do crocs (no judging!!) around the hotel and then sneakers at the parks. Only downfall to sneakers are those water rides.

I usually don't wear my crocs Patricia all day in the parks.......but we never spend full days anyway. I wear them if we're heading to water rides usually or if we're only going to be in the parks for a couple of hours before heading somewhere else........They are so comfortable even after hours of wear.........never had sore feet with mine.

Everyone's different........yes I love sneakers in the park but as you said not ideal for water rides.........they don't dry quick at all!!!

I guess everyone is different. I only wear flip flops in the parks and do extended stays. Never a problem with my feet, knees or back hurting.

I'm sure thousands of people do the same.......my friend who is there just now lives in croc flip flops over there......she hates her feet being what she describes as cooped up.......yep, everyone's different :thumbsup2

i'm another one of the ten thousand peeps that wear sandals to the park and love them
wear my tevas that have straps across the foot and heels.
not every one has perfect feet and can wear all type of shoes.

i wouldn't be able to make it a full day without what i wear.
never had an issue wearing sandals in the parks.

they are especially great when it rains.
i can remember when i would be wearing running shoes and socks in the parks and a rain storm would happen.
it made me learn what a blister felt like......lol

i wear sandals too. My Teva's close around the ankle (so they won't come off on floorless rides) and they have a raised heel.

The only problem I've ever had with flip flops is that they're flat. For me its more comfortable to have a slight raised heel.

Don't judge the poster. maybe they're not touring all day (staying on site/close by?) or maybe they just like wearing flip flops.

Croc Patricia flip flops aren't flat. They have a slight raised wedge.

Croc Patricia flip flops aren't flat. They have a slight raised wedge.

Ohhh... I didn't know that. :) I've seen those croc sandals with the colourful straps that look like strawberry laces... they look really comfy and they've got ankle support too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter