Flights - Late Feb or March 2010?

Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by abbey_price, Oct 24, 2009.

1. abbey_price

abbey_price Looking for the Dream holiday

Hello everyone,

Firstly thats for all the help so far!!!

Just wanted to be a bit cheeky......has anyone had any great deals or found any great deals? We can fly from Manchester, Gatwick, Heathrow, anywhere really.

Going for 2 weeks and can fly any day really?

To be honest, im not really sure whats a good price having never been before?

We have £403 through netflights on virgin on 4th march? Cheaper than direct with virgin which is odd?

Anyway thanks again in advance!!!

2. wayneg

wayneg Moderator Moderator

Unless you are willing to go indirect flight flights don't get much cheaper than £403, not seen anyone cheaper than Virgin Direct for a while. they do a lowest price guarantee but I would just book with Netflights, used them for years and a good company. Go thru Quidco.com and get 2.08% cashback (£16.76 for 2 less £5 if you are a new member)

You could possibly get cheaper in the sales but can't get much cheaper than that, I would book.

3. abbey_price

abbey_price Looking for the Dream holiday

Think we are goin to bite the bullet and just book the flights - dont want to have any stop overs as for a few quid you save it can add on hours.

Ive got a Virgin Credit card that offers 10% discount so i will see if they will price match and get my 10% off which has to be booked over the phone i think so i will miss out on quisco this time(Not that ive used it before)

May see if i can do car hire through quidco?

4. wayneg

wayneg Moderator Moderator

2 things
    10% is off Virgin Holidays, not Virgin Atlantic(unless you have a new offer) http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/gb/creditcard/whitecard/index.jsp

Other is their price match, you have to buy the flights 1st then claim the difference, I know at least 2 people have posted who have tried and both failed(although a long while ago), they were told the lower price on other website was a mistake so they would not match. Then it is too late you have paid higher price. Unless you can get them to do lower price upfront I would not claim after, just buy from Netflights.