Flights for Miami Cruise

wdwmom2011

Earning My Ears
I have a couple questions about flights for a Miami cruise.

Should we fly into/out of Miami or Fort Lauderdale?

How far is it to the port from each airport?

What is the latest we should fly in and the earliest we should fly out of each airport?

TIA

I have a couple questions about flights for a Miami cruise.

Should we fly into/out of Miami or Fort Lauderdale?

How far is it to the port from each airport?

What is the latest we should fly in and the earliest we should fly out of each airport?

TIA

The closes airport to the Miami cruise is the Miami airport...maybe 10-15 minutes away from port.

FLL is about 30-40 minutes away.

Below is from the DCL site:

Guests Arranging Independent Air Travel

Ground Transfers are available for purchase to Guests who make independent air arrangements. To add transfers to your cruise package, call (800) 951-3532 at least 75 days prior to vacation commencement date. Please be prepared to provide your inbound and outbound flight details.

To assist you in planning and to provide ample time for travel logistics, we recommend the following flight time guidelines:
" Latest Orlando International Airport Flight Arrival on Embarkation Day 1:45 p.m.
" Earliest Flight Departure from the Orlando International Airport on Debarkation Day 11:30 a.m.

I would think the times would be the same for Miami as well but call DCL if you want to make sure.

MJ

we are flying into miami, and our flight arrives in at 11:30, it ended up being a couple of hundred more but disney doesn't officially do transfers from fort lauderdale. I heard that they have a waiting list, like there trying to see how many people would want transportation from there. There is also SA travel I believe that will transport you from Fort Lauderdale to Miami for $15 a person.

What the people above said covers it. We booked FLL instead of MIA partially due to Jetblue. They fly into FLL but not MIA and traveling with little kids, we have lots of luggage so the free bag check makes a difference in the costs.

I have heard people using SAS transportation (~15 per person) to get from FLL to the Miami port.

We chose to rent a car at FLL and drive one way and return at MIA airport. There is a shuttle that will drop you off at the port (included).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter