Flight time

lauritagoddess

Doin' the Plush Rush
I know these kinds of questions get asked all the time, but I'm trying to decide whether to book a fare now and am wavering. American has a decent fare for our departure for a flight at 10:55am. When we debarked from our prior cruises we could easily have made a 10:55 flight both times. In fact, our first cruise when we were going to WDW afterwards, we debarked so early that the bus got us to Old Key West by about 8:15am. Would you book a 10:55am flight?

That is a really hard one. OK, if you do this flight, the on board check in system wont handle your luggage...you will have to collect it and take it on the bus with you. I normally say nothing before 11, but this is only 5 minutes.

On the other hand, I've been on at least 3 cruises where Customs delayed the ship--twice till after 8:30 and once it was almost 9:15. And then there is a mess with tons of people stressing about getting of.

If there is a decent alternative, hanging at MCO beats ending the vacation on stress.

I know these kinds of questions get asked all the time, but I'm trying to decide whether to book a fare now and am wavering. American has a decent fare for our departure for a flight at 10:55am. When we debarked from our prior cruises we could easily have made a 10:55 flight both times. In fact, our first cruise when we were going to WDW afterwards, we debarked so early that the bus got us to Old Key West by about 8:15am. Would you book a 10:55am flight?
I booked a 3:14 afternoon flight. I think you can make a 10:55 am flight it depends on how fast the ship is cleared from customs. I would go a head and get the flight because air is going up. From what i understand the ship gets cleared around 7:30ish and you can get off any time after that. happy crusing

That is a really hard one. OK, if you do this flight, the on board check in system wont handle your luggage...you will have to collect it and take it on the bus with you. I normally say nothing before 11, but this is only 5 minutes.

On the other hand, I've been on at least 3 cruises where Customs delayed the ship--twice till after 8:30 and once it was almost 9:15. And then there is a mess with tons of people stressing about getting of.

If there is a decent alternative, hanging at MCO beats ending the vacation on stress.

Good points. While we've been very lucky with our Disney cruises, we did get held up by customs getting of a NCL cruise a couple of years ago, so I guess you can't be sure. If they had a better flight, I'd book that but the only non-stops they have are either 10:55am or 7:45pm and I don't want a late flight, and I prefer non-stop. I'm still waiting on JetBlue to release their fares for February, but I'd book the American flights now if I wasn't leery of the return flight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter