Flight Restrictions

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by NFLDERS, Feb 5, 2013.

1. NFLDERS

NFLDERS Ontario, Canada

Children's Tylenol. Is it possible to bring in Suitcase or Carry on with fluid restrictions?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. wallawallakids

wallawallakids DIS Veteran

Yes. In a ziplock bag and under the fl restriction amount. (3 oz) I have always brought it on our flights without issue.

4. disneyfaninaz

disneyfaninaz It takes faith, trust & pixie dust!

OTC medication is excempt from the TSA rules if in the orignal container and taken out of your carry on bag. Put it in a ziplock bag and put it in a bin and you shouldn't have any problems.

From TSA

5. IBelieveInTheMagic

IBelieveInTheMagic DIS Veteran

Not sure if your child/ren are old enough but they also make them in a chewable form.

Another poster mentioned it was exempt so that takes care of that - but just wanted to mention the chewable form as well ;)

Heather

6. NFLDERS

NFLDERS Ontario, Canada

Thanks for fast replies. The Tylenol is for our 6yr old Grandson. We leave Feb. 21st on the Wonder. He has occasional ear discomfort. I was worried about a need for Tylenol sooner then later following flight. Gram

7. caitlinS9

caitlinS9 Earning My Ears

Pack dum-dums for the flight. We bring LOTS (and share with kids around us). They are great for pressure changes or to keep little ones happy!

Also, just an FYI/PSA, ice packs are allowed in carry ons if keeping medicine cold (like children's anti-biotics). I just put the icepack & all medicine in a ziplock & then in a mini cooler & pull it out to go through security. (This is for flying, i know DCL is very strict lately on coolers.)

8. lanejudy

lanejudy Moderator Moderator

He might prefer the Tylenol Children's Meltaways - that always went down better for my DD than trying to get her to swallow a big cup of the thick liquid.

Enjoy your cruise!

9. DahliaRW

DahliaRW DIS Veteran

I agree to buy the meltaways for a 6yo. One less thing to deal with at security and a lot easier and less messy to give

10. Justacruiser

Justacruiser Military Veteran

it is less messy!

11. mmmears

mmmears DIS Veteran

Meltaways are so much better -- and also much easier to travel with. :goodvibes

12. NFLDERS

NFLDERS Ontario, Canada

Yes, the Meltaways were great! We did have to use them just as I Thought, his ears were bothered so much as we descended, He was crying and crying till they kicked in. (We were able to give them to him right out of the carrying bag that was under the seat)

Also, on the way back we gave them to him once we boarded and he had NO pain in that descend at all! Thanks for all your advice.