Flight prices on Presidents Day weekend?

Susie63

Dreamin' of Disney
I finally got my flights from Canada to California and from Orlando back to Canada for February. I am wondering if anyone can tell me if it is more expensive to fly in the U.S. on the Presidents Day weekend. I need a flight from LAX to MCO on Saturday

There is always increased travel (and usually increased airfare) over three-day weekends in the U.S. (and I'm sure elsewhere).

Traditionally, Saturday is the cheapest day to fly on the weekend, but with Valentines Day on Sunday, that may change things.It looks like that Saturday already has higher fares and booked flights.

so I checked my airline and Saturday is the best travel day, but I think President day is to far out for bargain Saturday prices. I can fly cheaper in December then February at this august date ,

Not every state observes Presidents Day, so the answer will vary. But CA does. In my experience, when Valentine's Day falls on a weekend, then you see more people taking trips.

Same basic ones...Orbitz, Kayak, Expedia, etc. In the U.S., some hide the tax until after you select the ticket.

A few airlines line Southwest only sell direct (current low price fro Southwest is US$195 on Sun and Mon, their prices usually drop over time, assuming there is still availability.

A few airlines line Southwest only sell direct (current low price fro Southwest is US$195 on Sun and Mon, their prices usually drop over time, assuming there is still availability.
I've found Southwest to be the opposite. They make their cheapest fares available when the booking window opens and when they're sold out they don't discount later. They'd do offer fare sales, but if the lowest level fare is sold out for your flight, they don't offer the lowest sale price on that flight. If they do have a fare sale or you switch to a cheaper flight you can get a ticket credit for the difference.

Generally you'll pay $175-200 USD to fly one way from LA to Orlando. Last minute or holidays it can be $400-450. If you see a flight below $200 I'd book it. I know every little bit helps, but you're gambling waiting for a flight to go down $10-15 and you could end up paying more, arriving at an odd time, or a long layover. Compared to what a WDW trip costs, why not spend a little more for the airfare to get the flight you want and the peace of mind that it's booked.

I've found Southwest to be the opposite. They make their cheapest fares available when the booking window opens and when they're sold out they don't discount later. They'd do offer fare sales, but if the lowest level fare is sold out for your flight, they don't offer the lowest sale price on that flight. If they do have a fare sale or you switch to a cheaper flight you can get a ticket credit for the difference.

I dunno. Flying SWA to Austin for the Le Mans race weekend in a couple weeks, SWA prices halved over a period of two months. I kept changing flights and getting a cash refund for the difference.

Generally speaking, the whole week that encompasses President's Day is one of the most expensive time to fly anywhere into or out of the US.

Once the Wanna Get Away fares are sold out, that's it. But if they're still available when a sale or promotion is offered, then they'll be temporarily lowered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!