flight prices agggghhh!!!

Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by randy muffler, Apr 29, 2010.

1. randy muffler

randy muffler Earning My Ears

managed to talk the loto (leader of the opposition) into going in early december with 3 yr dd to see the xmas celebrations can't believe the flight prices :sad2: keep hearing (especially wayne lol) about you all finding great deals and offers but i cant find anything :surfweb: any good pointers folks please.
    we are going to try a villa this time we stopped in a hotel on i drive and on site previously unless we can find the right deal i think thats the way we want to do it this time looking at the 8th dec for 14 nights thanks in advance :hug:

2. pixiepower04

pixiepower04 DIS Veteran

£1352 with Virgin direct from Manchester (with NetFlights). Don't know what you consider good or bad :confused3

3. wayneg

wayneg Moderator Moderator

Don't know why but coming up at Total for passengers GBP 1,344.00 for me.

Only a little saving for Miles and Money fare if you have 6,000 miles to use Total for passengers GBP 1,204.00 +6,000 miles

Villas usually work out very expensive when only 3 of you. Expecially in Dec when you 100% need expensive pool heating ontop.

VH have flights and Fairfield Inn, Idrive TOTAL: £1786.05 (Hotel works out around £31/night ontop of flight only price) Only need to pay deposit now balance few weeks before travel.
    Also 3%(£53) cashback thru Quidco, brings flight/hotel down to £1,733

Not looked at Charter packages could be something there but probably have to travel Fri/Sat rather than Wednesday.

No bargains I can see unfortunately, although not OTT.

4. jayduk

jayduk Mouseketeer

I seem to be having similar problems with prices...Last year we went for 2weeks, stayed at Quality Inn International Drive and flew from Gatwick to Orlando and it cost us around £650 per person! This year the flights alone are more than that. I know the price i got was really good, i did shop around and used a guy i have used before who is really good and i managed to lower his original price but there is a huge difference this year. I guess the cost of fuel has gone up quite alot which much make a huge difference to airlines...also we had lower VAT last year!

Will need to keep shopping around. Want to go at Easter but due to prices i may end up going for Free Dining as onsite doesn't seem to be coming up as much cheaper at the moment.