Flame Tree has reopened

They also have some menu changes and I think a big one is getting rid of the coleslaw and now having that replaced with cornbread. More starch. I am sure this was another cost cutting move by Disney. Bread is cheaper and easy to mass produce. Coleslaw is probably more expensive. Anyone else have any thoughts about this.

I really liked the coleslaw at Flame Tree.

Oooo, I wonder if that watermelon salad is going to be similar to the one they serve at one of the kiosks during the Flower and Garden Festival. Yum! I'll miss the fruit plate, I really liked that.

I will miss the fruit plate - and the coleslaw. Jerk chicken salad sounds promising, though! Less than 2 weeks until I can try it out :yay:

I was excited about the ribs and the jerk chicken salad! The watermelon salad sounds good too, but NO COLESLAW anymore? :(

We love Flame Tree BBQ! The new covered walkways and extension where you order look great! I will miss the coleslaw though! So much more lighter and refreshing than cornbread! It seems like a heavier meal now. I wish it was at least a choice on the menu to add as an extra side like the onion rings and French fries.

Didn't they used to serve cornbread years ago and many people complained when they switched it to coleslaw?

I am a coleslaw girl with BBQ, but I saw most people not eating it.

Kae

Didn't they used to serve cornbread years ago and many people complained when they switched it to coleslaw?

I was thinking the same thing. I was disappointed the next time we went back and there was no cornbread.

I swear it said the coleslaw was on the sandwich (opposed to on side) when I looked in the new menu, must have misread it.

oooh cornbread is much better IMO. People probably were asking to sub the coleslaw for something else.

Love flame tree, glad it is reopened. I like coleslaw and cornbread so I guess it is ok, however coleslaw sure was good with the bbq pork sandwich. Love the onion rings as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter