• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FL resident and AP rates!

catacog

Earning My Ears
I Just hung up with two different CM's at CRO (I called to ask again after I got the first answer), and they said that new fall codes would most likely be released this weekend. They apparentely just got a preliminary memo about it!

Just wanted to pass along the info!

Oh, that would be fantastic!! We have 5 rooms booked at POR for October 16th - 25th and would love to be able to apply an AP discount to them :love:

I'll be watching the boards for more info. Thanks for posting what you were told catacog!

Woo Hoo! Thanks for the update. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

That would be great news. Thanks for the update.

Zandy, that would be terrible news. I'm encouraged by the fact that they have put the FL Resident rates online and have offered the 5 day cancellation for now.

Lots of Floridians travel on short notice. Many of us only stay at WDW resorts when discounts are available. The Best Rate plan isn't going to go over too well with residents, I don't believe.

I think they are guessing. I Checked the FL resident site, no way to book a "best rate" there.

Cheryl

I went to that site and it reads like the change has already happened. Maybe they know something that nobody else does, but it sounds a bit fishy. WDW advertises florida resident rates like crazy in the newspaper. Heck, the rate codes rarely come out 120 days in advance. WDW attracts fl residents on short notice. The program just doesn't fit.

just called and was told no new AP rates yet...... if anyone hears differently plese do let us know..... I am desperately waiting on rates for Oct5

Val
xx

Cinders Mum said:
just called and was told no new AP rates yet...... if anyone hears differently plese do let us know..... I am desperately waiting on rates for Oct5

Val
xx

ME TOO!

Nothing yet!
And a snippy response from the CM that these rates are not a sure thing and may not happen. Just keep waiting and checking, I guess! :hourglass

for those of you that have rooms booked, how and if do you apply the ap rate? we are waiting but getting nervouse about having no room. do you cancel your exising ressie to do they just change it. can get aaa rate now but waiting for ap rate. if you mention it can be just changed i may book the aaa rate and just hope

RichieGraciemom said:
for those of you that have rooms booked, how and if do you apply the ap rate? we are waiting but getting nervouse about having no room. do you cancel your exising ressie to do they just change it. can get aaa rate now but waiting for ap rate. if you mention it can be just changed i may book the aaa rate and just hope

You can call CRO and ask to have the rate applied to your existing reservation. If the code is avail for your resort, its not a problem. If there is no code avail for your resort/stay, they will give you other resort options to switch to if you ask.

thank you very much, and has anyone ever booked rooms in someone else name,. my sister is comming with us and I have the ap. I want to book two rooms, will that be a problem?

RichieGraciemom said:
thank you very much, and has anyone ever booked rooms in someone else name,. my sister is comming with us and I have the ap. I want to book two rooms, will that be a problem?

No problem! You're allowed to book two rooms with your AP! Just be sure to be there with her when she checks in, to show your AP to the front desk. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter