FL Beaches - East/Gulf Coast

Discussion in 'Camping at Disney World' started by gillenkl, Sep 28, 2012.

1. gillenkl

gillenkl DIS Veteran

I posted this on the Camping board but it's pretty dead over there. Hopefully someone can help me here.

Next year we're taking a break from Disney and want to do a beach trip :beach:
    We've done Assateague Island, Outerbanks, and Myrtle Beach and want some place we've never been.

We live outside Philly and have a popup. We only want to spend one night on the road getting there - so southern Florida is too far. Can you recommend any other East Coast or Gulf of Florida campgrounds you really like? We tend to like state parks but private are ok too. I've been researching Henderson Island and Topsail. Any others come to mind?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mouseketeer_mom

mouseketeer_mom DIS Veteran

We really love Topsail Island! We are campers but usually rent a beach house there with a large group so I can't offer any camping info there.

For state park, beach camping, we like Assateague Island. Very private, nice beach!

4. kmccain

kmccain DIS Veteran

Another vote for Topsail Island! We have stayed in Surf City here: http://blackbeardstreasurecampground.com/

They are right on an intercoastal waterway. Fishing is great! They are a couple block walk to the beach.

5. jcriket

jcriket DIS Veteran

6. jonimce

jonimce DIS Veteran

May be too far but we loved Sebastian Inlet State park.

7. Princess Bette

Princess Bette DIS Veteran

We stayed a week at Gulf State Park in Gulf Shores, AL this summer and loved it! They have lots of activites and of course the beach! There is a website if you are interested.

8. PixieCamper

PixieCamper Mouseketeer

9. NJRRK

NJRRK DIS Veteran

Did you ever think of going north? Cape Cod has some lovely beaches.