Fitting in an MK photo shoot!

Gina Loves Disney

Mouseketeer
How do you all fit it in... did you do it before the wedding, after, days after? :confused3

I would love to do it but the thought of getting in the dress after the wedding and having my hair done again makes me sad!

You could do the shoot the same day. If you have a morning wedding then it would work out well. We're having an afternoon wedding so I didn't want to get ready that early and just sit around after getting ready. I'm looking forward to the chance of wearing my dress again! We're getting married on Friday and having the shoot Sunday morning.

we had our wedding on a monday and did the MK session on wednesday. for us, part of the disney wedding experience was the MK shoot, so getting up at 4am was worth it for us.

we had our wedding on a monday and did the MK session on wednesday. for us, part of the disney wedding experience was the MK shoot, so getting up at 4am was worth it for us.

I totally here that, I can't do without it! I just wonder how the logistics work... like will the tuxes cost extra to keep, will I have to get my hair done AGAIN!?

I wonder if I should just do it the morning of and do an early wedding?

I wonder if I should just do it the morning of and do an early wedding?

if you do it this way, a couple of things you might want to take into account are:
you and your fiance will see each other before you wed (some brides don't like to do this). Also, some people say that if you have a long dress, then it can get dirty at the bottom during the MK photoshoot, so bear this in mind if it's before your ceremony.

I guess you will have to weigh up the pro's and con's of having the photoshoot on your wedding day v after your wedding day.

if you do it this way, a couple of things you might want to take into account are:
you and your fiance will see each other before you wed (some brides don't like to do this). Also, some people say that if you have a long dress, then it can get dirty at the bottom during the MK photoshoot, so bear this in mind if it's before your ceremony.

I guess you will have to weigh up the pro's and con's of having the photoshoot on your wedding day v after your wedding day.

ahhhh great points. I totally did not think of the dirty thing!!

my dress was filthy after the MK shoot! i paid to have my hair and make up done again, i couldnt have done it myself, and besides, i paid £6000 (about $10000) for the wedding and honeymoon, so whats another $120? i didnt get the flowers refreshed, they were ok 2 days after, a little wilted but the photos arent that close up. and heck, whos looking at the flowers at an MK shoot anyway!!!

Another option is to try what we did....we had a late reception 7:30 till after 2am....by the time we got back to the hotel it was almost four...we decided just to stay up and meet the photographer at 5am in the lobby....

The all night marathon was the plan but I was so tired...
I hadn’t tried to stay up all night since college...and gee it was a lot easier back then...
the plus was i didn’t have to pay to get ready again....

We did our photo shoot the morning of the wedding. Even though the ground was wet the only part of the dress that gets dirty is underneath. You can't tell that there is a spec of dirt on the dress in any of our wedding pics and we were SO glad that we did it the same day rather than having to go through the process of hair and makeup all over again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter