Fitness center dress code

LorrieAnn5

Mouseketeer
Is there a posted dress code for the fitness center, or even an unspoken rule?
Specifically, can I wear only a sport bra or do I need to have a tank/shirt over it?
(I would be fully covered waking thru the ship to get to the fitness center.)

Are there free steam/ sauna rooms? Are these in gender specific dressing rooms or in mixed-sex spaces?
In the gym I go to at Home the sauna room is gender specific so people wear towels, but not bathing suits.

Thanks in advance!

Specifically, can I wear only a sport bra or do I need to have a tank/shirt over it?

Are there free steam/ sauna rooms? Are these in gender specific dressing rooms or in mixed-sex spaces?
In the gym I go to at Home the sauna room is gender specific so people wear towels, but not bathing suits.

Thanks in advance!
I've worn a tank over mine as I would be too self conscious without, but I do not believe it is against any rule. I want to say I've seen others running in them, but now that you mention it... perhaps I'm confusing it with other gyms. I also can't find any official statement on the site. Other places say "fitness appropriate" is their terminology but that seems vague... I would assume a sports bra is acceptable as long as it covers everything, since that is standard fitness wear elsewhere. Maybe someone here knows for sure...

I did notice a small sauna in the women's locker room but have never used it.

Thanks in advance!
On the DCL website (for Fitness Center):

Know Before You Go​

Find helpful information on Fitness Center policies and making reservations.
Requirements
  • For sailings originating in the United States, Guests between the ages of 14 and 17 must be accompanied by an adult or guardian to enter the Fitness Center. For sailings originating in the United Kingdom, use of the Fitness Center is restricted to adults 18 years of age and older.
  • Proper attire and athletic shoes must be worn at all times.

The women’s locker rooms on the Magic/Wonder and Dream/Fantasy have saunas accessible to all adult guests. I would guess the men’s locker rooms do too. I haven’t been on the Wish.

Sports bra should be fine. Athletic attire often precludes jeans or bathing suits. This is more about safety on the machines than modesty.

The steam room on the Magic is part of the Rainforest Room, so not free. A sauna is located next to a large shower. There were also a few cushioned loungers nearby.

Towel only would be fine, as they are M or F areas.

And the towels will be in the dressing rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter