Fitbit or Pedometer Readings? Post them here!

cckp72

Fairy In Training
Hi,

We did two days in the World after our DCL cruise last month. I wore my fitbit and was pleasantly surprised by how much we walked. We walked more at MK than Epcot but I think that is because it had longer hours that day.

I would be interested to see anyone else's distances/steps who has been recording them. Despite the good eating, I think the amount of walking makes up for it :)

Here is ours:
Magic Kingdom - 25,485 steps = 17.66 km = 11 miles
Epcot - 22,677 steps = 15.85 km = 9.85 miles.

Awesome! I wish I had my FitBit when I went in September, I just got one for Christmas. I'm interested in hearing how much people walked!

Great idea! I wanted to be able to give some numbers to my family going for the first time.

Awesome! I would love to see how many steps are between different attractions. I think it would motivate me to know how far it is from place to place. (Main Street to Splash; Splash to Pirates, etc.)

Awesome! I would love to see how many steps are between different attractions. I think it would motivate me to know how far it is from place to place. (Main Street to Splash; Splash to Pirates, etc.)

Oh that is a good idea. I did check for some of those at time but I didn't record them down :( Too bad but maybe someone has them!

We bought a pedometer (attaches to your shoe) for our trip in Jan/ Feb - we averaged over 9 miles per day. It was a lot of fun to see how much walking we actually did.

29,318 - 12.1 miles
26,400 - 10.8 miles
32,411 - 13.3 miles
26,067 - 10.7 miles
29,156 - 12.0 miles

These were my fitbit counts for the full days of our trip last year. We hopped parks every day so knowing which parks we went to won't tell you much.

These are great!! I love walking at WDW - wish I could do it more often than once a year! :)

I have a jawbone up24. My readings are a little off because I push a double stroller with anywhere from 30-90+ pounds of kids in it. You need to have your arm "swinging" for it to measure accurately. I've heard the same complaint from fitbit stroller users too.

HS-11,021 4.67miles
Epcot- 12,569 5.36miles
HS-8,187 3.51miles
MK-16,631 7.10miles
AK-9,245 3.98miles (crazy crowded day...I am sure it was more than that)

On a side note, I was also on a DCL and wore it then. I never got off the boat (failed Castaway Cay day), so all of this is only from walking around the boat. I made an effort to take the stairs and typically did unless I had a lot of food in my hands or FIL was with us.
Day 1-8,440 3.59 miles
Day 2-5,852 2.54miles
Day 3-12,839 5.45miles (this was the day we did the mid ship detective game)
Day 4-5,732 2.48miles

I found we walked alot on the DCL too ( I didn't have mine on all the time though) - we were on Wonder and there was alot of back and forth to get to things and the stairs were great to use.

Step counts may be correct, but the step/mile calculations are completely wrong in congested places like this. You take much shorter strides, and you shuffle your feet when in ride queues. Keep that in mind if you are using an app like myfitnesspal to calculate calories burned to set your calorie intake goals each day.

We hit over 20,000 steps on all of our park days!! Although it was pretty funny when the day at Animal Kingdom, my aunt got all excited when her fitbit vibrated to celebrate hitting 10,000 steps and we were only halfway into the day, until I told her to look where she was when it rolled over. We were sitting on the safari truck driving around. lmao!!! Guess we were bouncing so much it kept counting!

That's funny about the safari truck! I never thought of that. It's a good point BuckeyeBama made about not rationing calories as a result of this!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter