Fishing WDW Waters

spd3483

Earning My Ears
For those of you that have fished in Disney waters, I have a couple questions. My brother and I are planning on taking our mom and dad on one of the guided fishing excursions. We are going the last of January 2014. Would you fish Bay Lake or would you fish the lagoon at Epcot? Would the AM or PM be better? I know if you go in the PM you probably be able to fish the lagoon at Epcot. Thanks for any suggestions.

I'd do Bay Lake, it's older and has a few more bass. That's what I hear. The second excursion (10:00am) seems to be the most productive using shiners. Good luck!

We did a June excursion that covered Epcot and the water between Boardwalk and Beach Club. Everyone caught fish and had a great time.

Bonus was to see world showcase from the water before opening. Pretty cool!

What are the fishing license requirements to fish Disney property?
We stayed at OKW and had a great spot behind our room. I know fishing is catch and release only.

What are the fishing license requirements to fish Disney property?
We stayed at OKW and had a great spot behind our room. I know fishing is catch and release only.

No license required on WDW property. :thumbsup2

We'll be in WDW Aug 19th-29th. My sons (11 & 13) have really gotten into fishing and want to pick up some gear at Walmart and try a couple of spots. We're staying at Pop, so will probably check out Hourglass Lake, and also plan on trying POR and FW. Can anyone recommend any spots at these Resorts that might be worth trying? Thanks very much for any advise!

At FW I'd recommend getting off the bus at The Meadow area and fishing the dock. I know it sounds weird but bring hot dogs for bait. It seems the fish there are junk food addicts. I've not been in August but this works for spring fall and winter.

We'd love some pics of their catch.

We did a fishing excursion in November. We did the 10 am in EPCOT lagoon. The earlier excursion apparently had more success than we did. We caught 6 fish between the 5 of us (and a turtle). It did get a bit hot on the boat by the second hour, so if you can do the early excursion it is probably a better choice.

I don't know which is best for catching fish, but my kids loved that fact that they got to fish in EPCOT!

Check the Birmbaum's guide to Disney, they had a 20% off fishing excursion coupon in the back of the book last year.

2goofycampers, thanks for the hot dog tip, we plan to fish at FW this year!

I vote for Bay Lake Excursions.
But who am I kidding, I'll fish anywhere.

As for time of day, just all depends, is it raining or not, cold or hot and for how long has it been cold or hot, season (spawning or not),
Thats why it's called fish'n, if they called it catch'n, everyone would do it.

But fish'n at Disney isn't just about catch a fish, it's the experience too, but if ya do snag a swimmer wouldn't it be great to tell yer friends, "I went to Disney World and caught a fish !"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter