1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Fishing at the Moderates

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Disney Sheri, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Disney Sheri

Disney Sheri Mouseketeer

Hi! We will be going to CSR the first week in June. My husband loves to fish and I am wondering, if he brought his fishing poles if he can fish or does he have to book an excursion? Does he need a fishing license? How much does that cost? Is there a best place to fish at CSR if you can fish there? Thanks in advance!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. buckeye12

buckeye12 Earning My Ears

I too am waiting for the answer on this one...My dad and bf are wanting to do the same thing....

4. Maleficent53

Maleficent53 Have fun storming the castle...

In the past my son and nephew have been able to get away with doing a little fishing from shore. Many times, however, they were told by cm's that it was not permitted. They fished from shore at Wilderness Lodge and Ft. Wilderness Campground. They also used to be able to fish from docks at Ft. Wildnerness but now I think they have no fishing signs posted on the dock. I have a feeling kids will get less hassle than adults would. Both our boys were early teens when they were fishing. Also it is catch and release only!!!

5. roydavid7771

roydavid7771 DIS Veteran

It's my understanding that you can only fish at the fishing hole at POR and at Ft. Wilderness. Disney certainly does not want people fishing off the banks since they have no way of telling what kind of wildlife would be on the banks. The guided fishing trip is fun though, and will run you about $225 without discounts.

6. isyace14

isyace14 Earning My Ears

We went on an excursion in January. I asked if fishing from the bank was allowing and the guide told me it was not. I do believe you can fish in the ponds in Fort Wilderness and not get in trouble but this is the only place. However, if you decide to do the fishing excursion, a fishing license is not required because the Disney lakes are private property. Is your husband an avid fisherman or does he fish just occasionally?