Fishing at POR

KSR0330

DIS Veteran
Has anyone done it? I'm wondering how it's set up. My boys love to fish and they would think that this is just great!

We've done the Cane Pole Fishing, but not the guided tour. Our son enjoyed it even though he didn't get a single nibble. Here's some details from Andre's awesome site.

portorleans.org

Cane Pole Fishing

<p class='warning'>Please enable Javascript!</p>
Relaxin’ at the secluded Fishin’ Hole on Ol’ Man Island

Port Orleans Riverside features an old-fashioned Fishin’ Hole that’s fun for the whole family, located on Ol’ Man Island just behind the Muddy Rivers pool bar. The fishing hole is open from 7:00am until 1:45pm (last poles hired out at 1:15pm) and is stocked with catfish, blue gill and bass. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult. All fishing at Walt Disney World Resort property is “catch and release” only, but you’re welcome to take pictures to prevent those “one that got away” stories later.

The Fishin’ Hole is now sponsored by lets-go-fishing.org.

Cane Pole Fishing
Plan
Period Price Inc Tax
Family (up to 6 people)
30 mins $12.50 $13.32
Individual 30 mins $4.00 $4.26
Price includes cane poles, bait (hot dogs and worms) and dock time

Guided Bass Fishing Excursion
You can also book a private two-hour Guided Bass Fishing Excursion along the Sassagoula River for up to five people on a 21ft Sun Tracker pontoon boat. These are normally run from the Cap’n Jack Marina at Downtown Disney. Please arrive at the marina approximately 15 minutes prior to departure time, and remember that fishing excursions are weather-dependent.

• For reservations, call 1-407-WDW-BASS (1-407-939-2277) or 1-407-WDW-PLAY (1-407-939-7529). A credit card is required, and you will be charged for no-shows or cancellations at less than 24-hours notice.
  • Fee includes the boat hire, your guide and rod/reel/tackle/bait/shiners/etc. You also get a souvenir photo and a one-year membership of B.A.S.S. (Bass Anglers Sportsman Society). There is no discount for bringing your own equipment.
  • Soft drinks are included in the price, but you are not allowed to bring your own food or drinks.
  • Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Guided Bass Fishing Excursions, max 5 guests per boat
Time
Period Price (tax exempt)
7:00am
2 hours $270.00
7:00am 4 hours $455.00
10:00am 2 hours $270.00
10:00am 4 hours $455.00
1:30pm 2 hours $235.00
$100 per additional hour. This can be requested (if available) at the marina upon arrival but cannot be pre-booked.

Great information! Thanks so much. They would love fishing off of that dock. Those hours may even motivate them to get out of bed early to fish and then go to the parks. Sounds like the perfect morning to me...

We did cane pole too. My husband had fun.. Youngest got bored when nothing bit her pole. :) We have rented the pontoon boat at FW and enjoyed the riding around and exploring.

Never fished at POR or any other Disney resort, but did experience firsthand a couple on a boat at CBR this past September. They had a guide and were on a pontoon and were fishing by the deck at OPR. Wife throws in the line and so does hubby, wife has a bite 2-3 minutes later. Wife has guide take off her fish and she throws back in, and wham, has another bite. Hubby is getting shut out. Now, more people are coming, and wife has just hit her 3rd fish in about 8-10 minutes. Guide backs the boats away and goes near the lighthouse, about 50 yards from where they were. Wife has fish #4, and husband throws his rod overboard. Funniest thing I've ever seen at CBR.

I can see the humor there, but I bet the guy who threw the pole overboard won't think his bill will be funny. We've taken the guided fishing excursions and the guide said the poles they use are expensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter