Fish Extender Group- May 16, 2015 Fantasy 7 Night Western Caribbean

I absolutely love the new lists!!! I am so excited. I was telling my mother different things last night and she told me she thinks I am way more excited about this cruise than my kids are. Mickey brings out the kid in me :mickeyjum Thank you again for organizing everything :thanks:

We are getting very excited and everyday count how many days until cruise and how many school days until we leave for the cruise. My kids understand the conscept of time but I think they think the time will magically speed up.

We are wondering if we could switch delivery nights with someone. I know we can give any night but I do also like the idea of not over loading one day. Our gifts are best used on the cruise so we were hoping for earlier in the week.

One more thing, we are boring and don't drink alcohol, sorry.

Thanks everyone

Cindyb40

Hi Cindy, don't feel pressured to stick to the delivery date. It is just a suggestion, go ahead and deliver any day you would like. My delivery date is the 1st night on the ship, Friday 5/16 and that could be a little too soon for us, so feel free to take that night if you would like. :earsgirl:

I would rather deliver Saturday the 17th, no need to move anyone else out of the 17th. There will just be more goodies that day.

~Leslie

PS. Ive attached an updated version of the new changes

Attachments

• FE List.pdf
    164.9 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
BTW, we're up for a meet with the little one if there's one (no need to be an organized, formal meet though!)

***THIS FE LIST IS NOW CLOSED***

If you still need to join a list for this sailing I recommend searching on other social media sites (DISBoards does not allow external links to social media sites)

To this FE list, Welcome! Yay we did it!

For those of you planning the home game here's the quick & dirty. I have to finish reformatting my list and will post it before today is done. Not much has changed but I NEED a cabin number from a participant, please post as soon as you know where you will be staying.

Not sure how we did it but we managed 50 people exactly unless my math is off.

Cabins- 15
Adult Men (21+)- 15
Adult Women (21+)- 14
Teen Guys- 1
Teen Girls- 2
Kids- Boys (6-12)- 3
Kids- Girls (6-12)- 7
Littles- Boys (0-5)- 4
Littles- Girls (0-5)- 4

All 3 of our teens are late teens! Nice to see you can still be dragged along to the Disney magic!

To the two adult teens, 18 & 19- please don’t be offended, I’ll make sure we have something fun for you but I have you listed as teens because some people may include alcohol gifts.

Hey guys!!! I am really starting to stress about getting my fe gifts. My family and i are working on a few things right now, but I do have a question. Do most of you buy every individual or do you buy the kids and then get Cabin gifts?

Hey guys!!! I am really starting to stress about getting my fe gifts. My family and i are working on a few things right now, but I do have a question. Do most of you buy every individual or do you buy the kids and then get Cabin gifts?
This is my first FE but I know what you mean! I'm not stressed per se but I'm not crafty AT ALL so nothing will be really homemade from me ;) that said, I intend to give one gift to the parents and one for the kiddos. I think a lot of people give just one gift a room, so it's totally up to you! At the end of the day, it's really all just for fun :) I'm sure my daughter will be equally excited whether she finds a piece of paper or a toy in the FE, lol

There's a ton of great ideas out there. Google it or check Etsy or even DIS boards. We have generic fun stuff for kids and useful stuff for cabin gifts. DON'T STRESS! This is not 50 amazing gift time! It's all for fun. I loaded up on fun stuff at dollar stores and put together bulk purchased items for cabin gifts.

One thing we did was make a postcard and magnet using photos around our property in Colorado (we have 36 acres)- no pictures of the livestock or family just plants and the view. It's part of the cabin gift and cost about $1 for that piece off of zazzle. I have fun disney stickers for kids (that's why I wanted to know favorite characters). It's not about going into debt- my son will be thrilled to find a sucker or a mickey mouse sticker.

Crayons, coloring books, charms, stickers, temporary tattoos, bubbles, snap lights, nothing expensive think fun. You're not providing souvenirs you're giving treats.

Hope that helps a bit.

Thanks for your comments. I feel a little better now. We are traveling to get there so watching how much we're packing, but wanna have nice things! I think what we have will be great, now I can relax!!! Does anyone know what night the pirate party is? Can't wait to meet all of you. Are we still merting the first day or two?

I'm thinking of offering to meet with anyone of our group who wants to.

Here it is! I have a 9 month old- we will be at the Finding Nemo spray ground at 11:00 on May 17th (first day at sea- not embarking day, that day will be NUTS!). Anyone who wants to meet up can meet there if it works for you. My 3-year-old will want to run through it as well. Afterwards we will be getting lunch and my husband or I will be taking our Littles back to the room for nap then if we get along with our new friends the other parent can visit.

Pirate night is May 20. We made Pirate costumes (we're re-enactors and also do SCA)!

Sounds great, we might see you at the Finding Nemo area! We'll try to do the toddler time at 10am-10:30am (Goofy's sports deck - it seems to be standard on every sea day #1) then going to the splash zone after. Not sure how we'll know whos who but if you hear me call my daughter's name Madeleine, you'll know it's us :)

Is that area only for the younger kids? I have an 8 and 11 year old. We'll try to meet at that time.
Thanks for the info on pirate night!! We cut white t-shirts and are gonna get red material to make sashes and wear black bottoms. Nothing fancy, just a little festive!!
Can't wait!!! We are all super excited!

The Disney cruise website says Nemo's Reef is for 8 and younger. I'm not sure anyone over about 6 would enjoy it, its a spray ground so its basically running through sprinklers. I just know my Littles would wait there without too much fight (3-year-olds are not noted for their patience- ditto for 9-month-olds) I was thinking its a good place to meet and say "Hi". Keggygirl you might find that another parent with a kiddo closer in age wants to go swim- heck, my husband might want to take the boy-child swimming in the big pool (being potty trained he is allowed) with other friends. My boy is a lady's man and will want to be wherever the ladies are! If that's the big pool we will be fishing him out every 10 mins.

(To him ladies are anyone who is female and non-mommy so this will be interesting!)

I also LOVE the idea of the Goofy's Toddler Time! A tired kiddo is a good kiddo! Hope to see as many of you as possible at Nemo's Reef, even if its just for 5 minutes!

We finished our FE gifts and my son is so excited because he gets to deliver with me. As a note, reformatted the list I made and sorted by stateroom so we're not running all over the floors looking for staterooms, we can do one floor at a time.

We need Staterooms from Mrsleezard and her family- I will not boot her from the group but without a stateroom number we cannot deliver her FE gifts. I seriously doubt that the cruise line will release her information if I go up and ask for a cabin with her first name but no last name (Actually I'm pretty sure they won't release that info no matter what info I can give them). Mrsleezard if you are watching the list please PM me or email me and let me know you're still planning on being a part of the list even if they're delaying giving your staterooms.

Any news on state rooms? I have 3 mystery rooms? Is this correct or did I miss someone. Getting so excited for our cruise and first FE!
Thanks

Any news on state rooms? I have 3 mystery rooms? Is this correct or did I miss someone. Getting so excited for our cruise and first FE!
Thanks
Take a look at Leslie's reply above, she's got a pdf list attached! There is only one room missing on her list :)

Not looking good for the hometeam for Mrsleezard and her family participating- I have not heard from her at all since her initial interest not have I seen her online on any other view counts or posts. I will still remain hopeful that she will give us room numbers and will pack her little gifts.

15 days until we cruise!! We are so excited!! We leave for Florida on May 13th and will go to Magic Kingdom that Thursday, Kennedy Space Center on Friday and the cruise Saturday! I think my husband and I are more excited than our girls!

So my wife and daughter read about the FEs and bought one from etsy and some gifts not knowing there were groups and what not so I started to ask around and I ended up here wondering if it was to late to toss our hat in the ring and what information is needed. Thanks and if it's to late I guess we can be free agents lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter