Fish Extender gift ideas -- for the not-so-crafty cruiser

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by gdulaney, May 24, 2010.

1. gdulaney

gdulaney <font color=deeppink>Another Konk Kooler please...

I saw the Princess silly bandz at Borders Bookstore.... not sure if all stores have them.

Ginny

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. 7500WonderGirl

7500WonderGirl Only the best moms get promoted to Grandma :-)

I hope nobody from our cruise Dec 11, 2010 is reading this thread, if you are don't read this post, please.

But I found a lot of great Disney theme Silly Banz at Walmart, also. Princesses (2 different sets), Mickey and Friends, Toy Story in the jewelry dept. as opposed to the Toy dept. About $4 for 24 ct.

4. K8T

K8T DIS Veteran

Go to Home Bargains.

There is a lot of Disney items reduced. Just got some great little Mickey Ears gifts for 29p.

Sainsburys also have Character areial toppers for the car.

Aldi also had some Disney things for kids.

Kate

5. nettii

nettii DIS Veteran

:goodvibes subbing for ideas!

6. Wondermom1965

Wondermom1965 Mouseketeer

A.C. Moore had Disney Silly Bandz. Other off brands are at Big Lots and Dollar Tree. :idea:

7. BigDogHU75

BigDogHU75 DIS Veteran

The sand molds are very cute. Great ideas!

8. Jey12

Jey12 DIS Veteran

Great ideas! We are going on our first cruise in Sept and if there's a FE I'd love to participate. I'm not crafty but I do love giving little gifts to those on our cruise that have helped answer my newbie questions on here! We live in KC and I was thinking about getting little mini bottles of some local BBQ sauce for one night's gifting. The bottles are glass, so if I packed them in our checked bag do you think they would travel well?

9. shwarren70

shwarren70 DIS Veteran

Go to the Disney Meets section of this forum and look for the date of your cruise. That is were most of the FE's are set up.

10. Candy Apple

Candy Apple DIS Veteran

Great ideas. Keep them coming. I need to work on my gifts. I only have 9 weeks left!

11. MouseinMelbourne

MouseinMelbourne DIS Veteran

Wow! As a Mom to a wonderful kid with a severe peanut allergy, I thank you for your thoughtfulness! Yes, peanut products would have to be disposed of in our FE. A waste for the giver, and a huge disappointment to a little girl.

I was touched by your compassion and thoughtfulness. :lovestruc

12. gdulaney

gdulaney <font color=deeppink>Another Konk Kooler please...

:) Lots of friends with kids..... :)

13. kerickson

kerickson VGC Dreamin'

I decorated highlighters to make them more Mickey themed, found ship themed chalk boards at the $ store, and included some Jelly Bellys as the factory is right near our house. Was alot to pack, but left room in our bags for all the loot we had to bring home. You can't forget about that!

14. tinkmom2

tinkmom2 DIS Veteran

You can do what I do and ship it ahead of time. You can either send it directly to the ship (the address is in the FAQ section) or you can send it to your resort with your ressie number on it. Anyway it's less to pack:thumbsup2

15. Candy Apple

Candy Apple DIS Veteran

I let my FE group know about DS12's allergies, but if someone forgets and you get something with peanuts in it, regift it to another cruiser with a FE, or give it to your stateroom host. That's what I plan to do.

16. LKFan

LKFan DIS Veteran

Off topic but we *loved* visiting the Jelly Belly factory!

17. randc01

randc01 Earning My Ears

I'll have to check out those stores. Thanks!

18. jkpmac

jkpmac Mouseketeer

We brought lapel pins for our FE's, We are from Canada, so we got some flag ones for Canada, some from our Province, and even from our city. FYI, you can probably get them for free from your various governments. We gave everyone smarties, which are different from what you American's have, sort of like M&M's, and peanut free. Chocolate coins, but I couldn't garantee they were peanut free, so I just doubled up the smarties for people with allergies, and MacIntosh Toffee. Apperently there are all kinds of chocolates and chips we have up here and you don't get. I could never survive with out my weekly Skor Bar treat yumm!!! Kids got a small toy that was locally themed, Older girls got Dream bracelts, which according to Native Canadian lore filter nightmares and let only good dreams through, a few arrow head necklaces for older boys, hackey sack balls (sp) for some with Canadian flags on them. For a couple of 18 yr olds we found Moose Key chains, the antlers could be used as bottle openers. I checked first with the parents on that one. Legal drinking age there is 21, it is 19 here, but they can use it to open a bottle of cola too. :rolleyes1
    For the adults, got locally made tea's, a herbal and a regular variety, and just made little ziplock bags with the type of tea, brewing instructions and the company that made them.
    Finally, based on what I read on the Dis Boards, we made little business card sized notes stating the the Cruise we went on (5 day with Key west) the date and ship, and a wish for everyone to have a wonderful cruise signed with our last name.
    One of the people on our cruise gave us chocolate covered pistachio's made in their hometown, yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy! Someone else gave us DummDumm suckers....don't have them here, yummy too.

19. morgansmom2000

morgansmom2000 DIS Veteran

What does everyone think of an emergency sewing kit? Not necessarily something you might bring, but something you might need?

20. lucky1

lucky1 Face Character

We loved the jelly belly gifts that you gave!!! DD played the Jelly Belly game that was included.

Thanks!

21. jkpmac

jkpmac Mouseketeer

Great Idea!!!!!