UPDATED: WDW Christmas Parade taping..da..da..da..daaa (Nov 9 through 13: See POST 80 and 115)

Thanks for all the info everyone..This is actually kind of exciting to possibly have the opportunity to see it, but also worried about the crowds...

We too will also be there on the 11th as well.....

On a side note: If you don't mind.....Is it me or Has it been hectic as He*k, to finalize plans for this years trip?....With park hours no secured , news about night shows/ and or fireworks, refurbs & stuff......At 180 days it's pure excitement to finally snag that tough ADR, and then plan the days around that. Parkwise & FP+....But the constant changes is kinda unnerving..:crazy2: Sorry for the tiny rant.

Thanks for all the info everyone..This is actually kind of exciting to possibly have the opportunity to see it, but also worried about the crowds...

On a side note: If you don't mind.....Is it me or Has it been hectic as He*k, to finalize plans for this years trip?....With park hours no secured , news about night shows/ and or fireworks, refurbs & stuff......At 180 days it's pure excitement to finally snag that tough ADR, and then plan the days around that. Parkwise & FP+....But the constant changes is kinda unnerving..:crazy2: Sorry for the tiny rant.
Hey are you in MK for the day or just the party? My family and I are doing the party. As for you're side note..........OH YEAH! A lot of changes happening on our 20 day mark.............we're getting lucky in that the only changes that impact us.....a bit are an early MK opening on November 7th (from 9am to 8am)...........and the parade issues we may face on November 11th. I'm wondering is this normal "modis operandi"?

Doug :goofy:

Hey are you in MK for the day or just the party? My family and I are doing the party. As for you're side note..........OH YEAH! A lot of changes happening on our 20 day mark.............we're getting lucky in that the only changes that impact us.....a bit are an early MK opening on November 7th (from 9am to 8am)...........and the parade issues we may face on November 11th. I'm wondering is this normal "modis operandi"?

No, it's not typical. The planning used to be fun, and didn't have nearly the same number of incoming curve balls to dodge.

I just hope it's not the new normal. Although I do fear that might be the case.

So if I'm going to MVMCP on 11/10 (just the party, will not be at the park during the day) how will this effect me (if at all)?

Some information that popped up on the HUB
They are basically asking CM to sign up to be members of the audience from November 9th through November 13th, for stage show elements and musical performances for holiday specials airing in November and December on ABC and the Disney Channel/ Filming will be during the daytime and night time
I'll have more information on the times on the 24th, that's when sign up opens up for CM. Each CM can receive up to 6 tickets. What CM usually do is sign up their friends and family and then they can have a free day at the park after or before the filming is done

Lolol.. I was wondering y Nov park hours were nvr up on the sites.. or they kept saying tentative.. sooo.I hear ya!!!!

How can a Christmas MORNING parade be at night? What kind of filming do you think they will do during the evening?
The schedule isn't out. It's the info that was sent out to CMs and notifies them that they may be needed for filming at night - perhaps for Jingle Bell Jingle Bam etc.

The MK filming will be scheduled the 10th - 12th because those are the only 3 days when FoF gets pushed back to 5:00 meaning filming is finished well before 5:00.

Man...the parade moving times on 11/11 is super annoying. I was all proud of my LTT ADR (early dinner) to coincide with my favorite parade watching spot. Boo. I don't know how anyone plans these trips anymore without almost daily monitoring of what's going on in the parks a month or days out...the changes are constant.

We are there for the day, w/ an ADR for The Wave-->:wave: lol at 5:15...I'm going to definitely have to change that one, for this will surely kill the last day .....

Still no signs of ROL which stinks as well?

We have a possible full day or more likely an afternoon and evening planned earlier in the week (Sunday) and then planning on doing rope drop until 630 or 7pm as we don't have party tix on the 10th. Any tips on planning for that day. I don't necessarily mind not much access on Main Street but what will the rest of the park be like, crowd and atmosphere wise. My kids might like the idea of getting a glimpse of some Disney stars but we purposely picked this day as it seemed low crowds!

Ok stupid question. If they are filming FoF parade do they also do a taping of the Christmas parade at a later date?
They are NOT filming FOF. FOF moves to 5:00 so that there is plenty of time to tape at the Castle Stage or on Main Street from the early morning hours until they complete their taping needs for the day.

CMs sometimes arrive at 5:30a for pre-park taping. Disney completes as much taping as they can and sets back FOF so that also clears the scheduling for any CMs that may be involved in the taping and are also in FOF.

I re-read this entire thread trying to figure out impact on the 11th. What I came up with is that Main St. And the Castle area could be impacted all day for taping show elements but that the FOF parade at 5:00 would be normal except extra crowded bc of the Christmas Party bunch? Can they jam anything more into a holiday day?
With only two mornings planned in MK (11th and 13th), maybe I should reconsider adding memory maker? Friday is an EMH day but they may be taping as early at 7 or 8am? Will Photopass photographers be available early morning or even accessible during the day if the activities take over Main St.? Also sounds like attractions other than Main St will be normal? Help appreciated from those who have been through this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter