First week of June crowds and front of the line pass?

Tawnya Lin

Earning My Ears
We usually stay at HRH or RPH because you can walk and for the express pass. I see the price at the new Cabana Bay is a lot cheaper! But no express pass. Any thoughts on this? Thanks. We could get a suite and still save $100 a night at the Cabana Bay!

i guess it depends on your budget.

for me, the convenience of staying at the deluxe hotels is more important than saving money.
i prefer to be closer to the parks and city walk.
and i appreciate the unlimited usage of the express lines.

but if someone would post they can only afford Cbay to do the trip, i would encourage them they would enjoy and have fun at that hotel.

i have gone over and looked around at Cbay but have never spent a night there.

that first week of june for the parks is not overly crowded.

go early and use the single rider lines when you can.
you can get a lot done the first week of june

For us the EP is worth its weight in gold. And we love RP.

But if budget is a determining factor then go with CB and do as mac advises........go early and single rider will be a great idea on rides. You'll still have a blast!

For my family the express passes are worth more than saving some money, but If you are on a budget , nothing wrong with staying at CB .To beat the crowds get to the parks early and use single rider if available.

We went last year during the 1st week of June and stayed at Cabana Bay before their official grand opening. The crowds were not bad at all. In fact most rides had less than a 15 min wait most of the day. HP Forbidden Journey was 30 minutes. The busiest time seemed to be between 11:30-2:30. We got there at opening and had virtually no lines for the 1st 2 hours of park time. Lines would shorten in the late afternoon also. Now keep in mind that Diagon Alley was not open yet but we are going the same time this year (May 30-June 6) and once again staying at Cabana Bay. I'm hoping that since a lot of schools are not out until at least the 2nd wk of June, we will have manageable waits again.

The nice thing about the deluxe besides express is the ability to take your time and not rush. Also take the afternoon off at the pool, relax, eat lunch, and swim.

Will be at RPR May 30-June 3 and reading the above (about crowd levels) makes me very happy that we were able to make these dates work. This will only be my 3rd visit to Universal (1st was Nov 2014, 2nd was Feb 2015) so have very little experience and knowledge of the crowds (other that what I have read on TP and OI). Cannot wait!!

Hey, we'll be there from 6/2 - 6/5 before our Disney cruise. Glad to hear that crowds are expected to be moderate. We're staying at HRH, so we will have the express passes.

MUN

We will be there 5-25 / 6-2. Usually moderate crowds and not crazy hot yet. Good time to go.

We will be at Cabana Bay June 4-June 9. No EP, but that's ok. Son's birthday trip/vacation. His first vacay since 2005 from work. We are really excited, as it is our first time there. Crowd levels sound doable.

For my above mentioned dates, all three deluxes are shown as being sold out. Hmmm....wonder if it will be busier this year.

For my above mentioned dates, all three deluxes are shown as being sold out. Hmmm....wonder if it will be busier this year.

I saw that. We are going to be there 5/30 - 6/1 and PBH and HRH are sold out. Thank goodness for EP.

We'll be there the second week of June and I'm still hoping for a little less that summer madness crowds!! Fingers crossed.

So glad to hear that the first week of June is pretty moderate as this is the week we're going to go (when we FINALLY get to go!!). It just makes it all the more exciting!:flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter