First visit from UK - hotel/package advice please

loladelorean

DIS Veteran
Hello!
I'm thrilled that we have booked a trip to japan - we are based in Scotland. We'll be visiting Tokyo, Nara, Osaka, Kyoto and some other (touristy!) places for a couple of weeks at the start of September. But being the huge Disney fan that I am, and an annual pass holder at Disneyland Paris, I can't miss the opportunity to visit Tokyo Disneyland.

We will be visiting for 2 nights. I really want to stay in a Disney hotel but I'm finding the website a bit confusing. In Paris you book packages that include your room, park tickets and breakfast. Is this possible in Tokyo? Are there ever any special offers on the Disney hotels or should I expect to pay rack rate?

I'll have more specific questions about the parks I'm sure once I get my head around things!
Thanks in advance

Hi - congratulations on booking!

We're from the UK (Manchester) and we'll be going to Japan, on a very similar itinerary to you, for the first time in June so hopefully I can help with some questions once we're back.

Some of the others may be able to help about packages as we've decided to stay 'off-site' at the Sheraton.

However, when I was looking around for prices I didn't see that there were any packages available. I only ever saw Miracosta and Disneyland hotels for room only prices.
I don't think we can buy our park tickets before April either as the prices are set to increase slightly from April.

I think they may sometimes have special packages on the Japanese site, but I don't recall ever seeing any that you could book in English. I've never booked a package at TDR, and don't recall reading reports that mentioned one.

Also, I've never seen any special offers for the Disney hotels. The Hilton and Sheraton sometimes have promotions.

Hey! I recognise you from the Paris board! :)

You're going a couple of weeks after we get back, hope you have a great time!

I can't really help with your question, i've been checking the site for the past couple of weeks and all the cheaper rooms show as fully booked, but I hope you can find something, could always try the Hilton? that seemed the cheapest when i've been pricing around

I too would like to know the answer to your question. I have tried booking a hotel and ticket package on line on the Japanese website. I think the site requires you to have a Japanese address (?) and that you're able to enter your name in Japanese characters (?) from what I got using Google translator. So that was a no go for me.

Thanks for your replies everyone im kind of glad it's not just me who is a bit confused by the booking process. I'll be disappointed if we can't stay in a Disney hotel - I'll persevere and let you know how I get on

When we went to Tokyo in 2010 from the UK, we found the same - we were able to book our hotel online (Miracosta), but you had to book the tickets separately. There were no packages available that we could see. We actually waited and bought our tickets from the concierge when we got there - turned out that they had an offer on at the time, which didn't exactly save us loads, but it was better than nothing.

Thanks everyone - I figured it out but in the end we think we'll probably go for the Hilton. It looks really nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter