First UY to get 2013 VGF points

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by Snurk71, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Snurk71

Snurk71 DIS Veteran

I saw another post about a February UY not getting 2013 points because of the opening date. So is Oct the first UY that will receive 2013 points or will earlier UYs get 2013 also?

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG Note2 using DISBoards

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. Daisyduck49

Daisyduck49 Mouseketeer

April should be the first to get 2013 points

4. Missyrose

Missyrose DIS Veteran

The pattern is that Disney can start selling UYs with points six months before a resort is open. So with an October opening, April 2013 is when the points start. Anything earlier in the year won't get points until 2014.

5. lorie13

lorie13 Mouseketeer DVC Gold

As was stated April is the first year receiving 2013 points. If you have a Feb UY and want this years points and do not mind a new membership you can request an April UY, we did that.

6. DizBub

DizBub Totally Addicted

I read that DVC had decided to not give different UYs to current owners. Reason given was that it's just too difficult for MS to deal with all the different UYs.

Since you were able to do this apparently it was just a rumor. I'm glad it worked out for you.

7. Missyrose

Missyrose DIS Veteran

That was their original stance that they abandoned pretty early on during the member sale.