First trip to Disney

Discussion in 'Disneyland Community Board' started by mtate4155, Feb 6, 2013.

1. mtate4155

mtate4155 Earning My Ears

We are planning our first trip to any Disney park this summer. We will be visiting Disneyland along with LA and San Francisco. I was wondering the best things to see/do in the area. Also which character dining experience is the best. Any help of places to eat/shop would be great.

2. CrazyDreamer

CrazyDreamer lost in the clouds

For character dining, our family prefers Goofy's Kitchen. It's such a fun atmosphere, and the food never disappoints.

Other great dining spots are the new-ish Paradise Gardens (and beautiful, too!), the Hungry Bear (again, great views with the great food), Cafe Orleans, the Carthay Circle Theater... let's face it: you really can't go wrong with Disneyland food lately!

The Walt Disney Family Museum in San Francisco is a must-do, especially if you're pairing it with a trip to Disneyland. Walk along the Embarcadero to Pier 39 and Fisherman's Wharf (it's a touristy thing to do, but still a lot of fun). Check out the De Young, the Palace of Fine Arts, and Golden Gate Park.

Not as familiar with LA attractions since I'm from Norcal. :3dglasses

3. rtfelt

rtfelt Disneyland AP

It really helps if you give more information (how long will you be here, what do you like to do, when exactly you'll be here...). With that said I would say the typical things are Santa Monica Pier, Venice Beach (can be a bazaar place), Hollywood Boulevard, Huntington Beach.