First trip report =)

x.laura.x

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone. Posted offering answers on the planning board and got suggestions to do a trip report so here it is. Well, an attempt anyway. Its my first so sorry it its not great. Will try to get some pictures on later aswell..

Day 1 - Travel
We flew out with first choice on the 30th july. Had the premier upgrade so easy check in and up to the lounge. Great aircraft and seats, unfortunately had a none too chuffed little boy behind us who cried for 6 of the 9 hours on the flight. Got through customs quickly for a change =) then picked up the car (a lovely red camry) then off to lake buena vista suites. Little bit of trouble with the room but got great customer service and swapped for a great room with a veiw of both disney and seaworld.

Day 2 - Islands of Adventure & Typhoon Lagoon
After a not as early as planned start we were off to Islands of Adventure. Was pleasantly surprised to find the park much quieter than other years. Arrived about 9.40 and headed to Spiderman with only a 15 min wait. (It Rocks!) Then single rider line for Dr Doom and got to walk right on. Headed on through to toon lagoon with a short delay as we taught my mum how to use the new digi cam :thumbsup2 Stopped for what seemed like a million pictures and a good rumage in all the shops while skillfully avoiding the water rides (denim + popeye = not good :thumbsup2) Then on to Jurassic Park river adventure. Only a short 15min wait here too and didnt get too wet either. After a good laugh at the ride photo and buying a jurassic park t-shirt (a must have of course ;)) we headed on to thunder falls terrace for a tasty lunch. Had a good look at the construction going on for Harry Potter after lunch, must admit it looks quite impressive. Got some pictures if anyone is interested but cant post them as yet, sorry! Wandered around the lost continent while lunch settled but didnt dare try duelling dragons on a full stomach :laughing: Headed back to the hotel after a good look in the shops and a churro ;)

Decided to try typhoon lagoon this trip. We hadnt been for quite a few years as we had always preferred BB. Headed to the park about 4ish and found it very enjoyable. Tried out he majority of the slides with no wait and spent a while in an uncrowded lazy river. Seen my first florida snake by the side of the river :scared1: some guy was about to grab it because he thought it was a fake one :laughing:. Must recomend both typhoon lagoon and doing waterparks in the late afternoon here. Its much cooler and less crowded.

Not much but its all i have time for just now. Comments are welcome, i will work more on this soon and get pictures up when i get back on my own computer. :)

Looking forward to seeing your pics!!
What is the Harry Potter world looking like at the moment?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter