First Trip - Oct '09 So Excited!! (Pre-Trip Report)

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by lilmissie, Apr 12, 2009.

1. lilmissie

lilmissie Mouseketeer

The Cast:

Myself - 23 - First trip

DH - 30 - Second trip (last time was 20 years ago)

DS#1 - 2ish -first trip (celebrating 3rd Birthday at WDW)

DS#2 - 2ish - first trip (celbrating 3rd Birthday at WDW)

DS#3 - 2 - first trip

sub in's

MIL/FIL - will be staying at their time share partaking in some of our activities.

When: October 18th - 23rd

Where: Wilderness Lodge

Why: Two reasons really. The main reason is we won the trip through Roger's Publishing House. They are flying our family there and back. 5 nights in deluxe resort. 4x 6 day magic your way passes. Signed up for transportation from airport to resort (and return).We are responsible for food and our own spending money. Second reason...we set the date so we can Celebrate the twins Third birthday in the World !!

I am so excited. We have been planning a trip to WDW for a while now. But we were going to wait until the kids were older. When we were told we won we were definatly taking advantage of it. It will be so nice to see the kids reaction. They have no idea where we're going. The plan is to not tell them until we get there. It will be so nice to watch the magic in their eyes.

So far we have our room booked. Flights should be booked within the next week or two. I'm looking into CARES for the airplane ride. I am borrowing an ERGO to help manover with baby (who will really be a toddler by then - but I'm not ready to admit that :rotfl:) Plus we are looking into a couple Stroller Swaps. Plan is to get a double and a single that way I don't have to wear baby all the time. Other then that we have no idea of where to start. Dh says its to early to plan but yet everyone on here says it's time to start. So I'm starting.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. My2Qtz0205

My2Qtz0205 DIS Veteran

Hi! Our trips will overlap. We're arriving on the 16th and leaving on the 23rd. Congrats on winning a trip! Wow!:cool1:

4. torsie24

torsie24 Mummy to a perfect princess.

Yay, how amazing you won such an awesome trip! I'd love to stay at WL!!

How wonderful to surprise your kids!! Their faces will be priceless!!

5. lilmissie

lilmissie Mouseketeer

Yes it was a great package. I am very happy. Plan tickets have been purchased officially! We are one step closer. Now I need to figure out what else I can plan now.

6. flyfire

flyfire Earning My Ears

Your trip sounds great:thumbsup2. The boards are really a great place to read all about and look at pics of your resort. Allears.net is also very helpful.

7. lilmissie

lilmissie Mouseketeer

Ok so Resort - booked, flights - booked, CARES & Ergo - arranged, Double Stroller - booked.

Still have the single stroller as interest.

Now it's time to decide on MNSSHP and start thinking of Reservations at all.

After that - packing lists.

What else am I missing?

8. My2Qtz0205

My2Qtz0205 DIS Veteran

Do you have an idea of what parks you want to do on what days? Are you going to do MNSSHP? You can buy tickets for that May 1st (next FRIDAY!!:banana:)

9. lilmissie

lilmissie Mouseketeer

I have no idea what parks to do what days lol. And as for MNSSHP we're undecided. DH really feels it's to expensive for just him and I as the kids will sleep through it. I was going to see what prices are like on May 1st and decide from there.

10. CriminyCrafft

CriminyCrafft Mouseketeer

I will be at Wilderness Lodge the same time as you - from Oct 17-20. I'll be at WL all by my widdle self, and then on 10/20 my BFF comes to meet me and we're moving on to Animal Kingdom Lodge till Oct. 26!

I highly recommend MNSSHP. I'm going by myself on Oct 18 and then again with the BFF on Oct. 20. It is just amazing and I need two nights to do everything!

I hope you update soon!! Have you done any additional planning? Got any ADRs tentatively planned? I'm definitely eating at Whispering Canyon and Artist Point!

11. lilmissie

lilmissie Mouseketeer

I am still stuck on what to plan so early. I am waiting for my Birth Certificate to show up so that we can order passports. DH is still not sure he wants to go to MNSSHP so as of right now we're not going:eek: but I am hoping that I can get him to change his mind ;) As for any other plans - nothing really has been made. I have looked into the possibility of a grociery delivery. I have no idea what to get for ADR's. I need to still look into that a bit so that we're ready to book them. I know we want to do a character meal on the Monday (twins Bday) But other then that I have no idea what the plan is. I don't even know what character meal yet:scared1:

12. Reese'smom

Reese'smom Mouseketeer

I'm in! We're taking our 2 year old for her first trip in Sept!
    How about showing pics of your family? You could also start looking at menus and decide some places you want to eat!

13. lilmissie

lilmissie Mouseketeer

I will have to get some pictures loaded up but then I can post them. Hopefully later tonight I can get that done. Where would I find menus? Wow this is all so new - yet so exciting!!

14. CriminyCrafft

CriminyCrafft Mouseketeer

I spend hours here looking at menus: http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm

Crystal Palace character buffet is awesome. I've never done Chef Mickey's or Cinderella's Royal Table or 1900 Park Fare but they look pretty sweet too!

15. lilmissie

lilmissie Mouseketeer

Thanks I'll start looking at the menu's. Cinderella's is not really appealing to me as I have all boys. But I'm sure now that I have the menu's I can get something rolling.

16. TigerKat

TigerKat DIS Veteran

Signing on! I'll be at SSR 10/17-10/21!

17. lilmissie

lilmissie Mouseketeer

My Birth Certificate showed up the other day so now its a matter of filling out all the passport papers and getting those on the go. One step closer! Have glanced at the menu's a bit but still not sure on a whole lot yet. Thinking we're only going to plan 2 or 3 supper ADR's and let the rest of the week just go with the flow. We will be eating breakfast in the room. And planning on bringing our lunches. And we're pretty easy going on suppers. It could just be hotdogs or pizza's most nights.

18. My2Qtz0205

My2Qtz0205 DIS Veteran

I echo the suggestion for Crystal Palace, if your boys are into Pooh & friends. They would probably also enjoy Chef Mickey's.

19. lilmissie

lilmissie Mouseketeer

Well not much to post yet. Tonight DH and I are planning on sitting down and going through some more of the menu's and try to figure some of that out. We talked to MIL/FIL and we're going to use all our tickets and they'll buy there own. So we're pretty much set. Still need to get the passports going though.

20. Kriddlet

Kriddlet Mouseketeer

Congrats on winning a trip to WDW! :banana:

21. lilmissie

lilmissie Mouseketeer

So October hours are out! I am so excited now the true planning starts. Must have everything ready first thing the am of July 13th to start booking ADR's. So here's a rough guess - still to be approved by DH and ADR's to be booked.

October 18th - Arrival date. No parks planned. Thinking we'll spend the day getting into our room, seeing our resort, playing in the pool. And maybe head down to the campground area for the Chip N' Dales campfire movie thing. More or less plan nothing and see how the kids dictate the day.

October 19th - TWINS 3rd BIRTHDAY!! I'm thinking we'll spend the day at AK - get a safari booked in there. Hoping for ADR for CHEF MICKIE'S for around 5:00ish. Then head over to Epcot. Wander the world pavilions then watch Illuminations.

October 20th - Not sure where to spend the day. I'm thinking MK. No ADR's. Wanting this to be 'adult night' where MIL/FIL will take the kids for the night. We'll have a nice supper at a non-disney resturant. (Possibly Red Lobster) Then head over to Downtown Disney.

October 21st - Spend the day at MK. No ADR's planned. But want to stay for Spectro Magic and Wishes.

October 22nd - Split the day between Epcot and DHS - or possibly spend all day at DHS and ADR for Fantasmic. Stay for Fantasmic.

October 23rd - Departure Day. Nothing Planned. Maybe venture to boardwalk area or back to downtown Disney.

Any other ideas or suggestions? Please remember as of right now this is not set in stone - the ADR's can't be booked until the 13th so I'm open to ideas.