First Timers Trip Report w/photos - Disney Dream Cruise Apr 14-18

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports' started by zeitzeuge, Apr 20, 2013.

1. FutureMrs.Incredible

FutureMrs.Incredible Earning My Ears

Btw OP, great trip report! I think you and your partner have similar tastes to me and DH! (I like reading adult-only trip reports.... I need cocktail reviews!) It looks like you guys had so much fun. Great pics too. :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ilovedevin

ilovedevin Mouseketeer

You are so going to love the Eastern Caribbean, especially St. Maarten! Make sure you try the Guavaberry Emporium so yummy hint; the liqueur is much smoother than the rum but both are very good.

4. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

Your pictures are amazing!!!!

5. Plaid Sheep

Plaid Sheep What you get when two areas collide

The photos are beautiful.... But none of your pedi??

6. Princess Samantha

Princess Samantha Earning My Ears

7. franandaj

franandaj I'm so happy, I could BOUNCE!

Thanks for the report, we're looking at doing a four night on the Dream after our WDW next year, it looks fabulous!

We also just got off a 6 night out of Galveston, and had no problems or weird looks. Although one of the tour guides in Grand Cayman, thought my partner was my mother! :rotfl2:

Even our tablemates seemed to have no problem, I wasn't surprised that the couple from Vancouver were completely open minded, but I was pleasantly surprised that the ones from Houston and Louisiana seemed OK with us as well.

I think the CMs know that the better they treat the guests, the bigger the tips they will receive, so they go out of their way to be nice to almost anyone they can. Our server at Palo even asked me to "friend" him on FB so he can "know me better" when we return to the Magic in 2014.

8. Goldeelox9

Goldeelox9 Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008

Great Trip Reports. Looks like you had a wonderful trip!!

9. MamaOfTwoPrincesses

MamaOfTwoPrincesses MNSSHP October 2008

I saw you a few times, but I didn't have a chance to come by to say hello. I hope you had a wonderful time!
    :goodvibes

10. Linda67

Linda67 Has a Masters in Margaritas

Just had to stop by to say how much I love your photos!

Glad you had such a wonderful cruise :)

11. Turbanator

Turbanator Disney Fan

Awesome pics, thanks for posting :)

12. zeitzeuge

zeitzeuge <font color=red>DallasDisneyDork<br><font color=te

Here is a link to all pics:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zeitzeuge/sets/72157633279303537/

The disneydork shirts we design and make ourselves. Have about 8 designs now including a carsland one. Making an Art Deco inspired one for our next Fantasy cruise in August 2014.

Thanks for all the kind words about the report and photos. Hope you all enjoy all the photos. There's a lot. :)

Counting down the days until our next cruise!

13. Brynnie

Brynnie Mouseketeer

I looked at all of your pictures and I love them ALL!! Great trip report! Our first cruise was on the Dream too....we loved it so much we cruised 2 more times (Dream and Wonder) in less than a year!! DH and I are normally Vegas/Disney people, but all we want to do now is CRUISE on DCL!!! Glad you had such a great experience!! :)

14. zeitzeuge

We are the same way now. We always will go to DL twice a year but now we need a cruise every year too. lol.

15. TARAMEOW

TARAMEOW Mouseketeer

Just found you TR and your pics are wonderful, glad you had a great first cruise :goodvibes

16. rustyanchor

rustyanchor Mouseketeer

Love your pictures! I just booked my first Disney cruise for February and your pics made me even more excited! We're going on the Dream too and it looks sooo beautiful.

But I agree that there should be pics of the Mickey head pedi... :)

17. SamIam929

SamIam929 Earning My Ears

Loved your trip report! The shirts are awesome. The pictures are awesome. Is it October 13th yet?? pixiedust: I'm going on my first ever cruise with my sister (no kids!!) so it was great to read a no kid report. Can't wait to enjoy some of that champagne! By the way, you two are a cute couple!

18. zeitzeuge

Thank you so much! Regarding the T's, We designed and made the shirts ourselves and get a LOT of comments, especially when we're at DL. We hope to make some cruise specific ones for our next cruise in August of next year on the Fantasy. The nice thing about DCL, is that you can enjoy places on the ship where there are no kids if you want, so you can pick and choose. Makes it nice. :)

19. kapoof

kapoof DIS Veteran

Thanks for the report and wonderful pics:thumbsup2. Looks like you guys had an awesome time :goodvibes

20. starousse

starousse DIS Veteran

Loved your trip report. You look like you had a blast, and what beautiful pictures. If you don't mind me asking, what camera do you use?

21. Arthur92

Arthur92 Mouseketeer

Awesome pics and love the T's. Ya'll need to get on the creative thread and hook us up...