First timer's to CA (need advice please)

taben

Mouseketeer
Okay...here goes. First timers to CA..planning on going Sept. 16-21. So, with that said, we are hoping to stay on property at the DL Hotel instead of Park View Inn. Reason being, of course the full Disney experience and may never have the opp. to go back to CA so why not do it up right $$$! LOL Granted, will be MORE expensive but it is just the two of us, we don't have kids. Now....it is a little early to starting booking but wondered if you could give me some good advice on when promos start showing up (from past exp.) for the Fall. I called Costco yesterday to see if they can save us a little and they were $400 more expensive than booking straight through Disney! :eek: So much for benefits of being a member, huh? LOL We are coming from STL so air and hotel will be the major costs in this travel budget. Looks like DLH is a great place to stay since they just refurbed a lot of it. Well...enough of my talk...any tips/help/advice on getting a better deal with park hoppers/promos anything to save some $$ would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!:thumbsup2

Call the hotel directly and book your stay. If deals come out between now and then you can have them applied to your room. As your dates get closer, add the tickets onto your room. You'll save some money and still get the deals.

HMM? Good advice...didn't know they would apply the discount if already booked. So, buy park hoppers sep. or with a total pkg? I have a friend who lives out there so maybe he can get those a little cheaper somewhere?

You could try Dreams Unlimited Travel (they are owned but the people who run these boards) hence the add at the top of your screen. They will look for the best bargain for you and apply any new deals to your existing reservations. We have used them for WDW and they are great.

HMM? Good advice...didn't know they would apply the discount if already booked. So, buy park hoppers sep. or with a total pkg? I have a friend who lives out there so maybe he can get those a little cheaper somewhere?

Booking your room and tickets separately is almost ALWAYS cheaper than booking the package! You can price them separately to compare just to be sure, but it can be much more expensive to book a package.

Booking your room and tickets separately is almost ALWAYS cheaper than booking the package! You can price them separately to compare just to be sure, but it can be much more expensive to book a package.

So true and this is true of ANY package deal when travelling. I never do the plane, hotel, car thing anywhere. Its more convient but its usually WAY more than if you spend time and research on your own and do it serarately!

Dont get me wrong, some things like the food packages can be good deals if you are REALLY going to eat. But when it comes to the hotel, car, ticket thing always do it separately. It may take more time to do it on your own but you will ALWAYS come out ahead!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter