First timer's learnings - Galveston, Magic, sailing

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by polynor, Jan 6, 2013.

1. kimwhitt93

kimwhitt93 Mouseketeer

Were you on the Magic? If so, I didn't know they did spa services for young girls.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jlynch924

jlynch924 Mousin' Around

Yes, we were on Magic. They had a Princess Package for girls (DD is 10) that included mani/pedi and pixie dust in the hair. It was $65. For an extra charge ($10, I think), they'd have done an updo, but since she had just gotten braided, we didn't do that part.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

4. jlynch924

jlynch924 Mousin' Around

It also included a leg and arm rubdown with some chocolate smelling lotion.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

5. dkfogt

dkfogt Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for posting this. Our first Disney Cruise will be on the Magic, leaving March 9th. Our girls are 4, 11 and 14 and we got late seating for dinner. I am trying to soak up all the tips now - we cannot wait.:yay:

6. kimwhitt93

kimwhitt93 Mouseketeer

Wow, I guess I should of gone to the spa and looked. I didn't see anything on line about kids. But, I have seen the newer ships have the boutique like DW

7. Sam Carre

Sam Carre Earning My Ears

When in April is your cruise? We are cruising for the first time on Magic on the 6th April. Very excited. Have a wonderful cruise.:)

8. suziesas

suziesas Earning My Ears

We are on the same cruise! I can't wait!!!

9. HollandmillerFamily

HollandmillerFamily Mouseketeer

We dragged the coffee table in front of the door. It was kind of a pain but since we hadn't planned ahead (we were surprised there were no built-in prevention locks, too!), that was our work around. He probably could have moved it or climbed over it but by that time we would have figured out he was trying to leave. :wave:

Good luck!

10. pchyjewels

pchyjewels Earning My Ears

Thank you so much for your response. I have been reading everywhere for this response. I am cruising with a 2 year old and a 3 year old. I was planning on sending the 2 year old to the nursery when the 3 year old left for Dine and Play. This may not work based on your response that the Dine and Play is only for the late dining :(

Would you or anyone have any tips/advice for cruisers with toddlers?

Thanks!

**This refers back to post #13 about sending babies to nursery during dinner. I'm knew to the forum and am learning how to respond and post :)

11. nzdisneymom

nzdisneymom DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing your experiences and tips.