FIRST TIMERS AT BWV

KNWVIKING

DIS Veteran
I've heard that some rooms are a long walk down the hall to get to stairs or elevators.What's the scoop on this ?
PS: our 1st time at BWV will be in may.Home is OKW.

Last month our room was as far away from the elevator as you can get, I think. We were all the way at the end, overlooking the water and the swan & dolphin. The view was beautiful, and the walk was not nearly as bad as I had imagined/read.It was very do-able, my husband is no athlete and he did not complain. However, my 6 year old would run down the hall ahead of me ,and once, approaching a turn, just missed a collision with a little boy doing the same thing from the other direction. So if you have little ones, keep that in mind.
Wherever your room is, there will be a stairwell nearby, and that is how we usually access the pool area.
I know its come up how long the walk to the elevators can be, but as long as no one in your group has trouble getting around,its no biggee.Also, good luck with getting whatever location you decide to request. After 5 or 6 tries, I still haven't gotten any of mine!

We stayed at BWV for the first time in Jan., and I was wondering about that walk based on all I had heard too....we ended up being at the very end of the hall...overlooking the parking lot/tennis courts, but it just wasn't that bad. In fact, I even timed it...it was about a 2 min. walk...3 mins. max. I suppose it would seem long if you were carrying a child or something heavy, but barring that or a physical limitation, it really was no big deal. Maybe if I hadn't heard that it was a long walk, I would have reacted differently....I suppose a lot has to do with expectations!

Have a good trip!

If you are tired it might seem long. When you go to leave in the morning you get to the elevators in no time. Stayed almost at the end the first year we stayed there it is no big deal. Just be HAPPY!!!- - you are in Disney. By the way DH works in Millville @ Wheaton. :) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter