First timer to Universal

Notso

Mouseketeer
What can I expect and what should we do? We are going to a conference that is having it's gala at Universal Orlando from 7-11, and the park will be open only to us. I'm assuming lines won't be too bad. Am I right in assuming that UO isn't the park with the Harry Potter stuff? What are can't miss rides?

Universal Studios has the new Harry Potter area, Diagon Alley. You definitely want to see that area, plus the Gringott's Bank ride is fun. We like to ride everything at the park but the more popular rides seem to be Transformers, Rip Ride Rocket, and Despicable Me. The Mummy is a favorite of ours also.

Is the entire park and all the attractions open? You may want to confirm, as sometimes during special events, only certain things are open. Even during Halloween Horror Nights, only some rides are open and Diagon Alley was never open until this year. If mostly everything is open, definitely do Gringotts and wander around Diagon Alley. Hogwarts Express won't be open because IOA will be closed. Despicable Me is a popular one, we think it's ok. Mummy and Transformers are also favorites of ours. We also like getting a big pink donut by the Simpsons ride!

I'm hoping most things are open, the invitation implied as much. Even if it's limited, only about 2000 come to the meeting and less will likely attend this event, so it will likely feel like a lot. Even if it's selective, do you think we can see the HP stuff?

I'm hoping most things are open, the invitation implied as much. Even if it's limited, only about 2000 come to the meeting and less will likely attend this event, so it will likely feel like a lot. Even if it's selective, do you think we can see the HP stuff?

If Diagon Alley isn't open, you likely won't be able to enter it and there's not much to see from "outside" that area. But if it's open, you'll be able to see the whole area of Diagon Alley.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter