First timer needs help! 3 days or 4?

HarleyGirl514

Earning My Ears
We are planning our first trip to Universal & we are so excited! My family is me & my wonderful husband and our five kiddos-DD 12, DS 11, DS 9, DD 6, & DS 5. We are driving (yes, driving!) from Oklahoma in June and will arrive on a Monday in the afternoon, and return home on Saturday. My question is this-should we do a 3 or 4 day ticket? We want to visit both US and IOA. WWoHP is a huge priority on our trip, too! I'm trying to decide if we should have a down day or just hit the parks for 4 days! Thanks for your help!

We do 4 days ..It allows for leisurely touring and we use the 2nd day at each park to re-ride our favorites and catch anything we might have missed

You could always purchase the three day tickets and if you need more time, upgrade at Guest Services. You would pay the difference between the two tickets.

I haven't purchased tickets yet but we are going the same time. My plan is to get the $179 ticket that is 14 days of unlimited access to US/ IOA and W&W water park. I don't see too many people talking about it. I wonder if there is a reason for that. :confused3

Is that maybe a Florida resident price? I don't think the 14 day I'd that cheap for the rest of us.

I haven't purchased tickets yet but we are going the same time. My plan is to get the $179 ticket that is 14 days of unlimited access to US/ IOA and W&W water park. I don't see too many people talking about it. I wonder if there is a reason for that. :confused3

Is that maybe a Florida resident price? I don't think the 14 day I'd that cheap for the rest of us.

From the Under Cover Tourist website ticket page:
Cost is $179.95

3-Park Unlimited Ticket
Top Selling Ticket

Admission to following parks for each day of the ticket - 14 Consecutive Days ("Park to Park" access allowed):
Universal Studios Florida®
Islands of Adventure®
Wet 'n Wild® Orlando

Ticket expires 14 days after the date of first use - you activate it by entering your 1st park or any of the paid entertainment venues of Universal CityWalk®.
Parking is not included. Pay once each day and keep your receipt to show at any other parks you visit that same day.
You can visit all the Theme Parks on the same day.
The days do not have to be used consecutively to keep the ticket active, but the ticket will expire 14 days after first use.
On the back of your ticket(s) it will say "3 Park Bonus", you have the correct ticket, we simply like to keep you on your toes.

It doesn't say anything about being only for FL residents so you could purchase that ticket.

Get a one night stay at a Universal property Hotel. You will get one hour early access to WWoHP on both days and unlimited Express pass to both parks for 2 days. You can EASILY do each park in 1 day and if you push you can ride everything in both parks in 1 day.

Get to the parks at the 1 hour early rope drop and do olivanders first one day and HPatFJ the next day. enjoy WWoHP for the full hour each day. If the Pterandon flyers or Rip Ride Rock-it are must dos for you then do them first thing after the 1 hour. They are the only rides you cant do on the Express Pass.

I think right now there is a buy 2 days get the 3rd free, so you can use the 3rd day to go to all of the shows, etc that you may have missed on the 1st 2 days. The $$ you save on only buying a 2 day ticket will be very close to the money you pay for the hotel. and then you will have 2 extra days to do things in Orlando, check out Sea World, etc....

My personal philosophy has always been more days the better, I could do 4 days standing on my head. A full week is not a problem. So I would vote 4. If you are worried about getting bored don't be. I don't think 4 days you could come close to getting bored. There is sooooo much to explore, if you are into exploring nooks and crannies, plus the hotels, the hotel pools, you can pool hop so you could even make a day or 2 or a half day pool days. I think 4 days you are really just able to do everything and able to repeat a few things you like if you really want to take your time, also that way you don't have to rush around at all, allows you to relax and enjoy yourself. I could actually move in ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter