First timer! Need your best Harry Potter tips! Go!

Try all 3 forms of butter beer (frozen, cold, and hot). Everyone in our group had differing opinions about which one was best.

Gringotts is an amazing ride!! Loved ice cream at Florean Fortescue's -- the salted caramel blondie!
Pretty much everything is amazing and incredible in HP lands

Our first time too (well, since HP was built...out last visit to US/IOA was in 2007!!)
I've read that there's a wand shop in both Hogsmeade AND Diagon Alley.
We'll be there on Dec 7 :)

Last edited:
Hogsmeade:
  • When you get to the spiders on Forbidden Journey, MAKE SURE YOUR MOUTH IS CLOSED! :(
  • If you want to buy Butterbeer, you'll probably find the shortest line at the Hog's Head (connected to Three Broomsticks). The cart outside tends to have a much longer line due to visibility.
  • Avoid the Ollivanders location here if possible - the Diagon Alley location will have less of a wait.
Diagon Alley:
  • As others have mentioned, make Florean Fortescue's a priority! Just thinking about the salted caramel blondie makes my heart beat faster! You can choose up to two flavors in a single serving.
  • Make sure you check out the mini concert and both puppet shows! The Three Brothers was my favorite, but they are all neat to watch, and a nice way to take a break.
  • At Madam Malkin's, you can try on the robes and take pictures without having to buy them (the store staff will even help you out). When I chaperoned a school trip, some of the girls in my group spent 30 minutes taking selfies here...

Bring stamps and an envelope or post card to send mail by owl post back home or to friends. The owls only have expensive collector HP stamps and stationary for sale.

Butterbeer, butterbeer, butterbeer. We've resorted to trying the home recipes because it was THAT good.

My son spent several hours in Knockturn Alley. It's a very small space, but full of treasures (especially if you have an interactive wand).

I'm going to ask here cause it might help the 1st timers too! This is our second trip and the first we rode FJ and Gringotts, spent little time looking around. We plan to spend more time this trip checking out the HP worlds, so here are my questions.

3 Broomsticks or Leaky Cauldron for Lunch?

Do you need a reservation?

Is there an alcohol version of Butterbeer? (Like Dole Whips with Rum at AK)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter