First time to DW... 11 nights - Got all our ADR's (including Easter!)

AliciaG

Ready, Set, Go!
I'm more of a lurker on these boards, but am trying to change that. :rotfl:

We are going to the World for the first time all the way from WA state, March 29th-April 9th. I know, busiest time of the year, and we are crazy. True. Which is why we're staying 11 nights so we can have amble time since we'll be spending a lot of time hurrying up and waiting. ;)

Got all the ADR's I wanted, and we are on the ddp (free dining).The only one I'm thinking about changing is our full Animal Kingdom day. I booked Tusker House for breakfast, but we have 3 other character meals this trip, and Dh isn't a huge breakfast person. So, I need to find an alternative. We plan to hit up the parks in the morning, take an afternoon break to swim/nap/relax then come back late afternoon/early evenings. This day, we might just go to AK in the morning til we are tired, and go back to the hotel and do dinner somewhere else. Any suggestions? Staying at Coronado Springs, but already having dinner at the CSR table service restaurant on a diff. day. Thanks in advance!

March 29th Arrival:
CS dinner at CSR

March 30: Magic Kingdom
B- Crystal Palace 8:25am

March 31: Epcot
Dinner- Les Chefs de France 6:30pm

April 1st: Hollywood Studios AM
Dinner - Hotel Maya Grill 5:30pm
MK late night EMH

April 2nd:Off/free day (play by ear)
Disney Boardwalk
Dinner- Flying Fish Cafe- 6:00pm

April 3rd: Aimal Kingdom
B-Tusker House 9:25am

April 4th: Sleeping in
Brunch @ O'hana 10am
Epcot

April 5th:
Islands of Adventure
CS Breakfast @ hotel, OOP meal at IOA

April 6th:
Kid #1's choice Fave Park AM
Dinner- Kona Cafe 5:45pm
MK Later evening and EMH 11pm-2am (don't think we'll make it the whole time though, lol)

April 7th:
Kid #2's choice Fave Park Am
Dinner - Sci-Fi Drive in Theater
HS evening

April 8th: Happy Easter!
MK morning
Brunch @ Cinderella's Royal Table 10:20am
Evening: Parents choice Fave park or swimming

April 9th:
Home!

You are going to some great places :thumbsup2

What about a visit to DTD?
Earl of Sandwich is a must do for our family

Hello! My only suggestion is instead of April 1st being HS, Hotel Maya Grill, then MK -- I would check out a restaurant closer to MK. Personally I would go with Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL, this will be a great experience for both your kids and the parents!

Great choices :)

I changed the Maya Grill reservation and we are doing Liberty Tavern instead, a later dinner so we can be done by 9 and go enjoy the park and the EMH. Thanks for the suggestion!

Still trying to come up with a plan for the TS meal on the day we are going to Animal Kingdom. Dh doesn't want to do breakfast buffet again, so I image we'll get there early, eat an early cs brunch/lunch and then go somewhere else. I'm just not sure where. :confused3 This is our first time to DW, so I'm not sure if I should just plan on staying all day at Animal Kingdom and eating dinner there, or going somewhere else after. Decisions, decisions. :D

Have you thought of Yak & Yeti for dinner on your AK night? That is what I booked - Tusker House for bfast and Y&Y for dinner :thumbsup2 I have never tried Tusker (and we are not bfast ppl either) but have heard so may good things (and it is one of the few TS in AK). Last time we went to AK we went to Y&Y and it was really good - and nice to get out of the sun for awhile.

The other option I was thinking for our AK day was at the hotel - there are 11 of us and I am trying to keep it as simple as possible ;)

Yak & Yeti is very popular, and might be a good choice for lunch/dinner on AK day. But our favorite is Boma at AKL. It's easy to get to from AK and has lots of choices for everyone.

As for being crazy for going at such a busy time, if you can make the most out of the EMH's, busy times can be some of the best times in the parks, IMHO. Everything is open, there's extra entertainment added, and if you can stick it out until 2 am you'll have the MK to yourselves!

On another note, are you me? We have 2 kids, live in WA state, and are going to WDW from March 28-April 7. :laughing:

Thunder - OMG - I'm in Vancouver (not BC) too!! :rotfl2: We should meet for lunch sometime and geek out over Disney :) How old are your kiddos? Mine are 12 and 9.

Boma might be a good choice. I did already book Yak& Yeti, however I could change that. I've actually changed around a few and made some later, etc.

Thunder - OMG - I'm in Vancouver (not BC) too!! :rotfl2: We should meet for lunch sometime and geek out over Disney :) How old are your kiddos? Mine are 12 and 9.

Boma might be a good choice. I did already book Yak& Yeti, however I could change that. I've actually changed around a few and made some later, etc.

Mine are 14 and 8--how funny! I know of one other DIS'er in "the 'couv." We should all get together and Occupy the Vancouver Mall, demanding the return of our Disney Store! :laughing:

If you have any more changes to your ADR's, better get them done tonight. Beginning tomorrow, WDW will require a CC guarantee for most of the character meals and more popular restaurants. Just one of the reasons I did all my ADR's over the weekend. That and my general Disney trip OCD. :rolleyes1

Thanks for the tip - I'm going now. Do you drink coffee/wine? If so, let's try to plan a meet up somewhere and talk Disney... it's our first time, so it's pretty much all I think about. :rotfl: I'll message you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter