First time TDR visit this September - a question about tickets???

AussieDisneyNut

Mouseketeer
Hi
I've been reading as much as I can to help plan our visit in September, so a big :thanks: to all the posters, your trip reports and advice are fantastic.

So far our plan is to arrive in TDR on Tuesday 15 September (probably lunchtime as we will be coming from the other side of Tokyo) and use the first day of our 4-day pass to visit Disneyland, day 2 & 3 at Disney Sea, day 4 Disneyland, depart on Saturday morning (going to Kyoto). We've booked at the Sheraton Tokyo Bay for 4 nights.

I'm planning on purchasing our 4-day passes online prior to leaving Australia, my worry is that paper tickets will not last the distance (i.e. using in fast pass machines etc). Has anyone else had any experience with the print at home tickets? Would it be better to purchase tickets at the gate? Also do you think it is a waste to buy the 4-day tickets when we will not get there until lunchtime on the first day? I'm in two minds about this, but don't want to arrive in TDR and just look at the parks from the outside!!

Also any extra tips or hints about visiting TDR in September? We will be there for the Halloween seasonal decorations, not sure what extra entertainment will be on at that time and how hot/humid it will be.

Thanks for your help. :rainbow:

I'm also planning a trip in September.

From vague memory, they exchanged the "print at home" tickets for regular tickets on our first day. But, I'm not 100% positive. I certainly don't ever recall problems with tickets being damaged. And I don't recall using print at home tickets for the fast pass machines.

I'm pretty sure you can also buy tickets from Disney Stores in Tokyo. So, if you were worried about lining up on your first day, and if you had time beforehand, you could pre-purchase them from a Disney Store. Then again, I'm not sure that there would be much of a line up for tickets at 12/1pm.

I don't think it is a waste to buy a four day ticket. If you're really concerned, you could buy a three day ticket and, on your day of arrival, purchase the "late entry" ticket. I think that allows you into the park after 6pm. But, I know that I certainly couldn't wait around for six hours before entering one of the parks! It would give you time to enjoy Ikspiari though.

I would keep an eye on the Tokyo Disney Resort (TDR) Explorer and Honourable Rat blogs for details about the Halloween program of special events. I'm pretty sure that there is at least a special show at DisneySea and more than likely also something at Disneyland.

I've been in September before and the weather was fine. Maybe a little hot, but not anywhere near as bad as a Queensland summer. It certainly wasn't an issue for us.

The times I have gone, I just bought my park tickets at the lower portion of the train station when I arrived.

We bought our tickets upon arrival at Tokyo Disney for that very reason - so we didn't have to use the paper tickets at the Fastpass machines as I've heard that can be a nightmare - and I haven't heard anywhere that you can exchange the paper tickets, unlike other Disney parks, which it's why it's better to purchase tickets when you get there.

You can by tickets in Disney Stores as previously mentioned, and I don't think a 4 day ticket is a waste if you love Disney as:

1. Disney parks stay open late into the evening (10pm each night when I was there for 3 days, this may differ for you).
2. The late pass doesn't normally start till about 6pm I think (feel free to check this out or correct me those with knowledge)
3. There is plenty to do at Disney for 3 and half days, especially is your last two days are park hoppers! Even I didn't want to leave I wanted to do some many things again!

It'll just be on your first day by the time you'll arrive there will be substantial lines and low availability of fast-pass's available, if any.

Good luck and have fun!

Hi
I've been reading as much as I can to help plan our visit in September, so a big :thanks: to all the posters, your trip reports and advice are fantastic.

So far our plan is to arrive in TDR on Tuesday 15 September (probably lunchtime as we will be coming from the other side of Tokyo) and use the first day of our 4-day pass to visit Disneyland, day 2 & 3 at Disney Sea, day 4 Disneyland, depart on Saturday morning (going to Kyoto). We've booked at the Sheraton Tokyo Bay for 4 nights.

I'm planning on purchasing our 4-day passes online prior to leaving Australia, my worry is that paper tickets will not last the distance (i.e. using in fast pass machines etc). Has anyone else had any experience with the print at home tickets? Would it be better to purchase tickets at the gate? Also do you think it is a waste to buy the 4-day tickets when we will not get there until lunchtime on the first day? I'm in two minds about this, but don't want to arrive in TDR and just look at the parks from the outside!!

Also any extra tips or hints about visiting TDR in September? We will be there for the Halloween seasonal decorations, not sure what extra entertainment will be on at that time and how hot/humid it will be.

Thanks for your help. :rainbow:
We printed our tickets at home and had ZERO issues using them - no nightmares, not even a slightly bad dream. We got in and obtained many fastpasses throughout the 2 days we were there. You can exchange them for "real" tickets when you get there, but I have no idea how to do that and I'd worry my lack of Japanese would just make it confusing for everybody involved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter