• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First time @ SSR - where to request?

Snurk71

DIS Veteran
As the title says, this is our first time staying at SSR (1BR). Few details about us in case that influences where we should request - we'll have a car, kids are 15/16 yo girls probably most interested in laying out out at the pool (probably not that interested in a slide/water play), I think we're interested in walking to DTD, we don't eat a lot of QS or do refillable mug.

Does all that mean we should request Congress Park? How's the pool there? Is there a pool bar?

Or Paddock? It looks like Grandstand and Carousel would the furthest from DTD if I read the map correctly.

Thanks

congress park if you want to walk to DTD. Grandstand if you want on first bus in resort loop (ie get a seat on bus). Paddock if you want near main pools.

Me personally, I chose Grandstand because of the bus loop and location (near smaller pool and larger splash pad).

Springs if you want the main area and pool. Congress park if you are going to DS often. Both areas have a higher point cost.

:earsboy: Bill

Springs if you want the main area and pool. Congress park if you are going to DS often. Both areas have a higher point cost.

:earsboy: Bill
OP Higher point cost starts in 2017 so if you are staying in 2016 no point difference for springs or congress park

Congress park has the quiet pool there is no bar, but you do get a short walk to DS which is nice to wander down there for the entertainment on an evening

Paddock is pretty close to DS as well if you are in one of the further buildings and actually close to the CP bus stop if you walk along the white picket fence. The CP quiet pool is nice and the Paddock pool does give you the snack bar, cocktails and a slide. ENJOY!

Paddock is pretty close to DS as well if you are in one of the further buildings and actually close to the CP bus stop if you walk along the white picket fence. The CP quiet pool is nice and the Paddock pool does give you the snack bar, cocktails and a slide. ENJOY!
We have stayed in Paddock and our location was very convenient to CPs pool and bus stop. Now Paddock has its own feature pool. It will be our new first choice due to the reallocation of points.

We liked the Paddock with small kids, the pool was great, bus stop was right there and it was a short walk over the bridge to the main pool and carriage house. DH and I stayed at the Grandstand once when it was just us and we liked it too, nice view of the golf course and treehouses. The walk to the main house was about the same. Congress Park was another we stayed at and the walk to DS was great. Still not a bad walk to the carriage house and the small pool there was really nice and had a lovely view of DS. I think all areas have their pros and cons...with the point changes next year we will probably request Paddock next time we are there. Will Grandstand be premium or will that be standard? I would be happy there for the points as well.

As the title says, this is our first time staying at SSR (1BR). Few details about us in case that influences where we should request - we'll have a car, kids are 15/16 yo girls probably most interested in laying out out at the pool (probably not that interested in a slide/water play), I think we're interested in walking to DTD, we don't eat a lot of QS or do refillable mug.

Does all that mean we should request Congress Park? How's the pool there? Is there a pool bar?

Or Paddock? It looks like Grandstand and Carousel would the furthest from DTD if I read the map correctly.

Thanks
I'd request CP nearer pool. If the pool bar is important, I'd do Paddocks near the pool. Starting in 2017 this will be a simpler or more difficult depending on how you look at it due to the change in booking categories.

We have never stayed in any other section than Congress Park so can't offer a real opinion about the other sections.

That said, the bus route coming from the parks is #1 Grandstand, #2 Carousel, #3 Paddock, #4 Congress Park and #5 The Springs. No pool bar at Congress Park (but the pool is the deepest and has an awesome view of DS). If you stay in Grandstand or the Springs you are close to the boat that will take you to DS or the walking path that will take you to West Side.

Have a great time!

We really enjoyed The Grandstand area. Its not too far of a walk to the main area, yet removed enough to get you into a quite area

We always request Congress Park. We love the quiet pool and the proximity to DS. We just bring our own drinks from the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter