First time on the DxDDP and these are my ADRs. Tell me how it looks, please!

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by SeeJackRunn, Jul 11, 2009.

1. SeeJackRunn

SeeJackRunn Mouseketeer

Me and my boyfriend arrive on October 1st at 10:00 AM and leave our resort around 3:30 for the airport on the 5th, our plans so far are:

Thursday, October 1st: Disney Studios

Lunch: Mama Melrose, 1:15 PM.
    Dinner: The Hollywood Brown Derby, 6:05 PM.

Do you think we will have enough time to make it see Fantasmic at 8?

Friday, October 2nd: Magic Kingdom / Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party

Breakfast: The Crystal Palace, 10:25 AM.
    Dinner: California Grill, 5:40 PM.

Saturday, October 3rd: Animal Kingdom / Downtown Disney after dinner

Breakfast: Donald’s Safari Breakfast at the Tusker House, 10:25 AM.
    Lunch: Yak and Yetti, 2:00 PM.
    Dinner: Jiko, 7:00 PM.

Is this too much food and do you think we would have enough time at Downtown Disney after Jiko?

Sunday, October 4th: EPCOT / Halloween Horror Nights at Universal

Lunch: Tutto Italia, 1:00 PM.

Monday, October 5th: EPCOT

Breakfast: ‘Ohana’s, 9:25 AM.

So how does everything look? I'm a little overwhelmed and looking for some suggestions!

Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. disneyfav4ever

disneyfav4ever No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep

Good choices of where you're eating!

I don't think you'll make Fantasmic. Even if you get seated right on time for dinner, it'll take at least an hour to eat, and by then I think you'd have a hard time getting into the theater.

You'll probably also miss the very begining of MNSSHP, but if you're only going for the special events, that shouldn't be a big deal.

I don't think three meals in a day is too much, but could you make an 8:00 breakfast ADR instead?

The last two days look good.

4. kevgraub

kevgraub DIS Veteran

I don't think you will make Fantasmic either. Probably your best case would be to get out of Brown Derby a little after 7:00. By that time, I'm guessing you will have a very hard time getting into Fantasmic. People will probably have started lining up an hour before you will.

I don't necessarily think that three meals in a day is too much, but I think your breakfast and lunch are going to be kind of a lot to eat. You probably won't be done with breakfast at Tusker House until 11:30 or so, and then turn around and eat 2.5 hours later at Yak and Yetti. I would try to move that breakfast earlier in the day if possible. I guess you could always just eat a light breakfast there and enjoy the characters, then enjoy a big lunch.

I think the places you have listed sound great, the only issues I see are the two that I mentioned above. If you are really wanting to see Fantasmic you might need to change the Brown Derby, and if you are planning on a big breakfast at Tusker House, I'd think about trying to move it a little earlier in the morning.

5. B-Ride

B-Ride Getting My Disney Fix

Last year I would have said no problem. Now with the reduced showings you need to get there earlier. Personally I would say enjoy your dinner and forget the show. It jusn't isn't worth lining up for over an hour. You can always head over after dinner and maybe you will get lucky.

6. catne

catne DIS Veteran

I like your choices...just concerned about the timing...especially on the day with 3 table service. My only other suggestion is to make the breakfasts earlier -- those times are "prime" park time when there will be the least lines everywhere.

7. SeeJackRunn

SeeJackRunn Mouseketeer

Thanks so much everyone! Do you think a 5:30 ADR at Brown Derby is still too late?

8. disneyfav4ever

disneyfav4ever No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep

Personally, I would cancel lunch at Mama Melrose's, and try and get the Fantasmic package for dinner at Brown Derby.

9. kristen2276

kristen2276 Mouseketeer

Overall, HAVE A GREAT TIME!

10. SeeJackRunn

SeeJackRunn Mouseketeer

So I changed my ADRS around quite a bit. Do you think that this looks a little bit more plausible for us? I still haven't used 2 TS credits, can I just let it go or should I feel bad about that and keep trying to squeeze something in?

Thursday, October 1st: Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Dinner: Fantasmic! Dinner Package at The Hollywood Brown Derby, 4:05 PM.

Friday, October 2nd: EPCOT / Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party

Lunch: Tutto Italia, 12:15 PM.
    Dinner: California Grill, 5:40 PM.

Saturday, October 3rd: Animal Kingdom

Breakfast: Donald’s Safari Breakfast at the Tusker House, 10:25 AM.
    Dinner: Jiko, 5:35 PM.

Sunday, October 4th: Uinversal/Halloween Horror Nights

Breakfast: ‘Ohana’s, 10:15 AM.

Monday, October 5th: Magic Kingdom

Breakfast: The Crystal Palace, 9:55 AM.