First Time Homebuyers-101

I have a friend who is a Realtor, do you think that is a good idea or bad?? She has been my best friend since high school and we were friends all the way back in middle school.
I am not a fan of mixing business and pleasure. Showing houses is hard work and you need to make sure that your realtor is working for you. Do you really want to be rescheduled to see X house because your friend/realtor confided that little Suzy needs to be picked up at band practice. Also you want to make sure that your realtor specializes in your area and type of purchase. Handling short sales and forclosures (bank owned) are a whole different beast and take a lot of additional knowledge.

The other thing about dealing with friend realtors is do you really want to discuss all your financial dirty laundry with a friend?

saw lots of good advice and I only have one to add:

Location, Location, Location!!!

Check out the schools. Even if you don't have kids, it will effect the home's value and the value when it's time to move on.

What is the neighbor's yard like, are the homes nearby kept up to the standard you expect?

Check out the neighborhood during different times of day and on a weekend. Is there a crazy dog always barking? Are people out socializing? Are kids out playing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter