First time Disney trip

luvblonde

Earning My Ears
This will be our first time going to WDW! My kids are 15, 9, and 6, we are going in the middle of march. I'd like to do a character meal at some point but I would like advice on the best one to do, and if I could get a reservation this late!

This late, and during spring break, you might be restricted to whatever is available. You should probably do a search on the online system and see if you even have a shot at a character meal.

I agree with TDCNala. With only a month to go, and a very busy period, now is not the time to be particular. Grab whatever you can get.

It may work to try for breakfast at someplace like Cape May...maybe on a day you're going to Epcot or DHS.

It's a nice breakfast and a fun way to start the day.

I just booked Tusker House for a 10:35 breakfast yesterday. Just call 407-wdw-dine and you may get what you want. If not, call customer service and they can help! We are going over spring break this year.

For Mickey and friends my kids (then 9 & 12) enjoyed Chef Mickey's. We also did Crystal Palace (Pooh and Friends) and they enjoyed that as well. This time we are doing Alkershus Princess breakfast and we are excited. The character interaction was really great.

My favorites are:

1. Tusker House Breakfast or Lunch. Both are quite good, feature the Big 5, and have some of the nicest CMs around, I've found.

2. Princess Storybook Breakfast at Akershus in Epcot. It's a princess meal, so if you have boys they might not be super-enthused, but the food is good, and an early ADR gets you into Epcot before rope drop and puts you in a good position to get to Soarin' for morning rides or FastPasses.

3. Dinner at 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian. Two words: Step. Sisters. Okay, that's really one word, but Cinderella's stepsisters put on a great show. One dinner, they ended up wrestling around on the floor after an argument. Also, my wife thought the prince was very attractive the last time we went. I don't think we'll ever go back.

4. Crystal Palace, any meal. You get the Winnie-the-Pooh quartet here, which are fan favorites for some. I like the food, and my younger DD likes hugging Eeyore because, "He looks so sad and needs a hug."

We like Tuskershouse in AK for breakfast & CRT.
Dinner we like Chef Mickey's & Crystal Palace!

My kids are 10 and 17 and live Crystal Palace because they live Eeyore. Good luck and I hope you can get a great reservation!

I personally enjoy character breakfasts better then dinners. Cape May breakfast is great. Its a buffet with characters like Minnie, Goofy, Donald all in their beach attire. Another great one is the character breakfast at Ohana in the Polynesian with Lilo and Stitch. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter