First Time Disney Cruiser with Dairy Allergy

MissMinnie228

Earning My Ears
We are going to be taking our first cruise next year on the Fantasy and my DS has a Dairy Allergy. Do I need to contact anyone prior to leaving? Will they be able to assist us at the casual restaurants as well?

Either call your TA if you booked with one or call DCL if you booked on your own and let them know of your allergies. It will be noted in the reservation. Also please let your servers know and talk to the servers at the buffett.

We did they Disney cruise with my DS who has a tree nut allergy. The servers were the best. I told them at the time of booking and let the servers know when we had dinner the first night and they were great. It was my son birthday while on the cruise and he could not eat the cake that they provided for the birthdays (he could hardly eat any desserts) but they were great they had a special cake made for him so that he was able to eat also. At the buffets it was the same someone would go through the whole line to let you know what he was able to eat. Michelle

Can your son eat products made with milk or just not drink milk products? As was noted above, you DO need to contact DCL. Once the ship sails they can't bring on special products such as Lactaid, soy or rice milk. If your child can't eat things made with milk, then you'll be told to have all your meals in the main dining room to be sure nothing unsafe is served. Of course if you go through the buffet you can choose things you know he can eat, such as shrimp or carved beef, etc. but anything else may require special preparation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter