First Time Cruiser! Internet??

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by disneyatsea93, Jun 25, 2014.

1. disneyatsea93

disneyatsea93 Earning My Ears

Hi everyone! I'm new to cruising and I was wondering if anyone has anything to say about the internet on the Disney ships? I've heard Disney Cruises have the best internet out of all other cruise ships. Is this true? I want to be able to keep in touch with my friends

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Dug720

Dug720 SQUIRREL!!

Shippernet is expensive and spotty. Not all that reliable in all honesty.

Chill and enjoy your vacation with your family. Your friends will be there when you get back.

4. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ <font color=green>It could end up curdled<br><font

The crew members go to Internet cafes when in port because it's cheaper, and of course they need to stay in touch with their families. You could ask a crew member where to go.

5. Dug720

Dug720 SQUIRREL!!

Also more reliable - by a bit. I sat through my sister trying to talk with ship friends when my family was visiting me over Christmas. A skype call that totaled maybe 5 minutes took over 20 minutes to complete with delays, reconnection, etc.

You don't say where you're going... I'm pretty sure the cruise terminal in Nassau has internet. Castaway Cay...other than shippernet, pretty sure there's nothing there.

6. DISNEY FANTASY

DISNEY FANTASY Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

It has reduced in price now buy bite use age and I find it very good and msny recent cruisers say is good now, not as good as home but good and not spotty.

Of all the ships I have been on Disneys is now the best.

7. Uncleromulus

Uncleromulus <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

On our cruise on the Fantasy last Oct, it was so SLOOOW that we gave up even using it---

8. DISNEY FANTASY

Interesting I was on the Fantasy for two cruises found it very fast so did my children there on it all the time, I was uploading photos say ten at a time.

9. Uncleromulus

Uncleromulus <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

Ours was so slow we weren't even sure if a simple text message had even been sent---we gave up waiting after about 10 minutes (found out later the message had made it through:))

10. DISNEY FANTASY

I have found some devices normally older ones seem not to like the ship Internet but others normally newer ones are compatible with the frequencies.

Apple products IPads IPhones seem to be very very good,matos hibachi works well but HP didn't. Have it on airplane mode.

My two children and myself are often on the Internet a lot and work it hard and no complaints.

On the Wonder we had free Internet included on an unlimited basis got through four if the biggest packages no issues, Fantasy we got through three of the old style largest packages.

11. eileenrbl

eileenrbl "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and DVC Gold

I've never had a problem with wireless and pick up signal on board and in the staterooms, or just take a few minutes in the Internet Cafe. I usually order a middle of the road plan (not the maxiumum) but enough to check work emails or relatives at home. A plan is definitely cheaper than paying by the minute!

12. kimerinc

kimerinc Ariels Mom

I have to work during the cruise some, so the company is buying some of my internet time. Is there a package discount for large use or anything.

13. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

14. kimerinc

kimerinc Ariels Mom

Thanks for that info. I am looking for like 4 gig a day type plan.

Probably not going to happen huh.

15. DISNEY FANTASY

I am going to work it to it's limit in 30 days.

16. kimerinc

kimerinc Ariels Mom

Me too, but it is going to cost more than my cruise.

17. DISNEY FANTASY

I do think though the new packages are cheaper than they were before.

18. cedricandsophie

cedricandsophie DIS Veteran

Going on the Magic next week. I'm looking to the new plan based on how many bytes you need vs minutes. So even if it's slow you won't feel like it is a waste of money. I've usually had good service in room and in adult areas.

19. DisneyNurse19

DisneyNurse19 Mouseketeer

I was on the Magic 3 weeks ago and purchased the Medium internet package (300mb) for $39. I was on the internet every day and uploaded quite a few pictures to Facebook and never had a problem with it being slow or patchy. In fact when i left i had only used 180mb. My friend also bought the same package and was Face timing her husband each night but then it only lasted 2 nights so it really does depend on what you plan to do with it. :)

20. DISNEY FANTASY

Agree, Magic is pretty good now and the packages are better.