First time cruiser help

Cincychic

Earning My Ears
We will be going on our first cruise in October and will be stopping in Naussu, I was wanting to get some suggestions on what to do there. I am not sure if we should book any of the excursions because I will have my 3,6 and 7 year olds with me. Or is it better to leave my 3 year old in the nursery for a few hours?

Sorry for all the questions!

Although I have not cruised to Nassau yet, I know excursions are offered to Atlantis. Definitely would recommend! Stayed for a week in 2008 with a wide range of ages in my family and we all had a blast. :)

We will be going on our first cruise in October and will be stopping in Naussu, I was wanting to get some suggestions on what to do there. I am not sure if we should book any of the excursions because I will have my 3,6 and 7 year olds with me. Or is it better to leave my 3 year old in the nursery for a few hours?

Sorry for all the questions!

We were there in January and it's not the ideal port for us but it was nice to get off and see it. We didn't do any excursions due to the short time we were at port but we did get off of the ship and find a beach in walking distance of the ship. It was a public beach but very clean and my family enjoyed it. We also walked through town, took a walk around the straw market, which is quite the experience. We had our 2 kids with us, ages 6 and 3 at the time and they enjoyed the port altogether.

Thanks for the info. I have been to the Atlantis in Dubai and I enjoyed it, I just don't know if my kids will get enough out of it, some of the water slides are pretty big and scary.
As for just getting off the ship and walking around, how do you know where to go? And what is this straw market I keep hearing about?

Thanks

several years ago we did snorkeling there and loved it. It was one of our best snorkeling excursions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter